Talk

Advanced search

Guilt of bringing a child in to this world

(4 Posts)
Lunafloves Fri 14-Feb-20 22:11:35

I'm nearly 11 weeks pregnant and occasionally I feel so guilty for bringing a child in to the world. I have an amazing family, I'm married and we're so excited for our future together as a little family and he or she will never want for anything. However, I'm not happy at all in my job and this has a huge bearing on my emotions. I feel like I'm putting a lot of pressure on our baby to provide me the purpose I've been searching for in the form of a career. Working is shit and the world generally is quite shit. Does anyone else feel this guilt every now and again? I cant help but feel so selfish. Please tell me I'm not weird! blush

FurrySlipperBoots Fri 14-Feb-20 22:16:02

It's not weird. I've made the conscious decision not to have children for this reason. But it's always been the same - back in the 80's my gran argued with my mum that she shouldn't have us because of aids etc, yet when she was born there was the 2nd world war to worry about!

Guilt is a normal part of parenthood.

Bezalelle Sat 15-Feb-20 05:17:18

Your baby might be the one to cure cancer/halt climate change/save the world! Think of it that way.

Robin2323 Sat 15-Feb-20 08:28:47

My 2 dc make the world a better place.

They are adults now but aside from being the lights of my life they bring countless joy to the lives of those around them.

There other jobs.
I love my job and meet many lovely people. But throughly enjoy my time off.

Maybe look into retraining for a different career.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »