Talk

Advanced search

TMI! Sorry in advance - spotting

(9 Posts)
MinesALatte Fri 14-Feb-20 06:41:12

I’ve just found out I’m pregnant, between 4-5 weeks and this morning had some spotting, some on the tissue, some dripped into the toilet. This is my first pregnancy so no idea what’s normal or not and also scared something is going to go wrong!

Sorry for the photo!!

Snoopy28x Fri 14-Feb-20 07:01:11

Hiya, I am 8 weeks and had spotting on Tuesday and rang the maternity helpline, they arranged a scan for me. They couldnt see any reason for the bleed and baby was fine. They said that sometimes the cervix is sensitive and can spot or lightly bleed after contact. Mine was after a bowel movement.

I'm not sure if your to early, but you could try speaking to them and see what they advise.

Do you have any pain or cramping? Xx

MinesALatte Fri 14-Feb-20 07:08:07

Thank you smile I have a doctors appointment later (booked it a month ago to talk about fertility concerns!) so I’ll ask her when I see her.

Zero cramping or pain xx

YakkityYakYakYak Fri 14-Feb-20 08:57:23

I had lots of spotting/bleeding right through my pregnancy (some very light, some pretty heavy). Even though it’s frightening to see it on the toilet paper, it’s not unusual and not necessarily a sign that there is anything to worry about, particularly if you aren’t having any cramping or pain.

Does your hospital have an early pregnancy assessment unit? They should hopefully be able to see you and do a scan, although you might have a long wait. Call them and ask what the protocol is as you might need a GP/midwife referral.

MinesALatte Fri 14-Feb-20 12:11:05

Thank you for the info and advice smile I have no idea if my hospital does, I’ve only really had a confirmed test in the last couple of days so I will ask my doctor later! Thank you again x

YakkityYakYakYak Fri 14-Feb-20 13:44:28

Good luck! Xx

MinesALatte Fri 14-Feb-20 17:55:40

She couldn’t say whether it was normal or something to worry about, she said it’s a bit of a waiting game so I have to wait until six weeks (I’m 4 weeks, 4 days!) and call for an appointment with the midwife then and see how everything is

YakkityYakYakYak Fri 14-Feb-20 19:07:07

Oh sorry, having to wait for scans and appointments is awful isn’t it. Not too long to wait though.

In the meantime try not to worry (easier said that done I know). There are no guarantees with pregnancy as we all unfortunately know, but spotting is really common so don’t let it freak you out too much.

MinesALatte Fri 14-Feb-20 22:51:27

Thank you so much smile doing my best to breathe and be calm x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »