Talk

Advanced search

Second trimester worry

(4 Posts)
JKD1982 Thu 13-Feb-20 16:12:56

Hi ladies

I am 23 weeks tomorrow and the last few days have totally stopped feeling any movement or symptoms? The last few weeks I have had some movements and felt sickness, headache, heartburn etc. Last few days and nothing?

Can you have a few quiet days or weeks with no major growth or hormones? Just feels weird to be this far along and suddenly not feel pregnant at all.

I have had nightmares the last 2 weeks the baby has died and I don’t know what to do. Should I go to ask to see the midwife?

Any advice?

Anniepole Sat 15-Feb-20 09:07:25

Hello. I would message the midwife and see if you can get a scan xx

Hodge85 Sat 15-Feb-20 09:12:31

I'm 23 weeks and my baby's movements come and go. I have an anterior placenta though so I think it masks some of his movements. If you're concerned then contact your midwife xx

JKD1982 Sat 15-Feb-20 10:15:01

Thanks ladies. I went to have a scan yesterday after calling the midwife and they just used the Doppler and found the heartbeat so said I am fine.

Did you feel weird at all if your symptoms stop at this stage? Can the baby be alive but just not growing anymore? Sounds weird but I always assume symptoms are due to hormones and hormones mean he’s growing?

Sorry for stupid questions x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »