Talk

Advanced search

Oh god the tiredness

(25 Posts)
caffeinefix Wed 12-Feb-20 17:43:57

I'm 7 weeks and so tired. I have a 3 yr old DS too so am shattered. I forgot about this when I had him. I've had two recent losses and never felt as tired as this - which I am taking as a good sign.

And the constant hunger with underlying nausea too!

Just ranting - sorry. I shouldn't because I'm so happy to be pregnant again and hoping this one sticks. Had a scan yesterday and all looked good smile

MotherAughra Wed 12-Feb-20 17:51:54

Oh god OP in exactly the same boat, just over 7 weeks DD is 2, I'm currently sat in bed aching all over and not able to keep anything down! I remember being shattered and the all day sickness, but I guess I slept more! I've had a previous loss too so just hoping it all means everything is well

ZsaZsaMc Wed 12-Feb-20 20:44:26

When did the tiredness start? I am 5 weeks tomorrow and feel absolutely shattered - I also have a 2 year old DS so cant tell if this is the start of the tiredness OR just normal toddler tiredness. Can not remember when it started last time but I remember it was awful so I feel your pain!

LostInTranslation34 Thu 13-Feb-20 05:26:48

I’m with you! Got my bfp this week at 5 weeks and it’s almost as if someone has flipped a tiredness switch! And yet I can’t seem to get to sleep at night either...

OopsPregnantAgain Thu 13-Feb-20 05:40:23

Same. I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I was already SO exhausted yday... & then 1yo DS woke me up at 4am this morning sad

LostInTranslation34 Thu 13-Feb-20 06:35:06

I’m currently trying to work from home (living abroad, hence the time difference) and having such a hard time focussing. Been trying to keep off the caffeine the last few days but honestly not sure I’ll manage without a morning coffee...
I feel for all you ladies trying to do this and look after a little one- this is my first pregnancy so only have me and DH to look after!

caffeinefix Thu 13-Feb-20 07:41:16

Oh it's warming to see I'm not the only one. I've just gagged over the smell of porridge whilst making it for DS. The joys!

I went to sleep at 7 last night and woke at 6am but I still feel absolutely dreadful.

I have been limiting myself to one cup of tea a day but I have a can of Diet Coke in the fridge so I may have that later.

Fizzy orange seems to be my go to thing at the moment, as it was with my DS, the bubbles seem to help the nausea.

My husband keeps rolling his eyes at me - I'm very close to punching him! angry

We can do this! grin

caffeinefix Thu 13-Feb-20 07:42:37

@ZsaZsaMc the tiredness started from the 6 week mark. I didn't really 'feel' pregnant (had sore boobs) until then despite having known for 3 weeks already.

Treaclepie19 Thu 13-Feb-20 08:00:41

Same. I'm 6+4 and wondering how I'm going to manage half term with 4yo ds home all week (and tomorrow for an inset day)

TripleASays Thu 13-Feb-20 12:07:01

Hey ladies! I am 7+6 and absolutely shattered. I can't get enough sleep. I remember from my first pregnancy that the tiredness tends to lift in the second trimester. Here's hoping it happens in this pregnancy!

Snoopy28x Thu 13-Feb-20 12:30:59

I feel you!! 8 weeks here. I have a 3 year old DD, 7 month old DS (who doesn't sleep well) and surprise baby 3 is wiping out any last shred of energy I have. I've also not picked up tonsillitis or something from the kids so feel horrendous. It does help to know I'm not alone lol

If I remember rightly the energy burst seems to come back after the 12 week mark. So clinging to that glimmer of hope grin

nomorewinedayfriday Thu 13-Feb-20 14:26:24

The good news is that is will pass in the 2nd trimester. Then comes back with vengeance in the 3rd! I'm 30 weeks with a 3 year old - no one says how hard it is with a little one already running about shock

TunnocksTcake Thu 13-Feb-20 14:46:20

Omg I am exactly the same, just 7 weeks and it has suddenly increased, along with the size of my boobs. I thought they were huge last week but this is something else.
I also had 2 losses before this and have an early scan on Saturday to make sure its all ok. Fingers crossed we all have healthy babies in 8 months time!

Constantlurker Thu 13-Feb-20 14:51:29

12wks here and it gets better!! I'm still tired and feel it way more than I did with DS but the absolute complete exhaustion seems to be going away. Sickness is still rearing it's ugly head but I'm hoping that will go soon too! You can do this!

caffeinefix Fri 14-Feb-20 09:02:44

I remember it getting better at 12 weeks - on the countdown to then grin

caffeinefix Fri 14-Feb-20 09:03:39

@TunnocksTcake love the name smile good luck with the scan x

Minesril Fri 14-Feb-20 14:56:52

Yep nobody tells you about first trimester tiredness. Then you get to second trimester and feel like a superhero...until you get to third and cannot get comfy enough to sleep!

caffeinefix Fri 14-Feb-20 17:13:56

I am still taking this as a good sign but I'm so short with DS, he won't do as he's told and it's really irritating me.

I felt great in the third trimester - I was walking up peaks. I have no idea where I got the energy from as I couldn't sleep.

I am counting down to 12 weeks. I feel so guilty for feeling so miserable.

Hodge85 Fri 14-Feb-20 23:21:00

I was the same, those early weeks were so exhausting! I couldn't even function through the day. Then it passed and I found I had more energy. I'm 23 weeks tomorrow but found for the past week I've been shattered on an evening again that I can't keep my eyes open. The joys of pregnancy smile

ZsaZsaMc Sat 15-Feb-20 19:30:42

I’m 5 weeks and waking a lot at night with v vivid and detailed dreams when asleep - anyone else have this?

I feel like I haven’t even started but already counting down to 12 weeks as well!

LostInTranslation34 Sun 16-Feb-20 08:59:09

I’m having weird dreams! Also anyone else irrationally angry/frustrated/tearful? I feel like I have PMS x 100...! Poor DH!

CupCupGoose Sun 16-Feb-20 09:24:07

I'm due tomorrow and honestly I ahve much more energy now than when I did in the early days. Still knackered! But seriously I remember crying with the exhaustion at the beginning. It does get better I promise.

HSunflower Sun 16-Feb-20 09:55:19

Im 17 weeks pregnant today, and still feel exhausted all day, every day! Regardless of how much sleep I get at night.
People say that the exhaustion and tiredness improves in the 2nd trimester but I am yet to experience this!

The tiredness will all be worth it when you get to hold your little bundle of joy in your arms 😊

Congratulations on your pregnancy! 💛

Constantlurker Sun 16-Feb-20 19:52:30

@zsazsaMc - yes! The dreams are insane. So vivid and always about either really weird or really awful things, I often wake up in a cold sweat after them as they are so real. I had them all the way through my last pregnancy, my DH used to love it, every morning he would ask about them and start it off with 'on the next episode of Dreamz'... Haha

nespressowoo Tue 18-Feb-20 06:44:33

I've had crazy dreams too. It's unreal. I'm still feeling exhausted but less sick with these travel bands. Come on 12 weeks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »