Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else get the squits when they're pregnant?

(9 Posts)
LiliAnjelika Sun 02-Sep-07 16:42:53

I'm 36 wks and I've had three bouts of diarrhoea (TMI I know) in the last 2.5 wks. On all occasions it was half a day after eating something in a restaurant so I think my body must by hyper-sensitive to bugs in food. (Which makes you wonder about restaurants!) I NEVER get it usually.

Anyone else suffering too?

LiliAnjelika Sun 02-Sep-07 16:55:22

I know it's a nasty subject but there must someone else out there with a tender bottom?

Rumpel Sun 02-Sep-07 16:56:55

I got them just days after becoming pg - one of the signs for me. I have IBS and found when PG, especially the last 2 months, that I could hardly leave the house as it was so bad. maybe you need to top up the probiotic yoghurt?

southeastastra Sun 02-Sep-07 16:59:42

though i'm not pg now i used to get it too. once half way home on the tube and once in marks and sparks, wasn't pleasant

lisad123 Sun 02-Sep-07 17:02:22

yep, i only ever get them in morning blush not nice, but make sure you drink loads of water.
lisa

LiliAnjelika Sun 02-Sep-07 17:03:59

I got it at the beginning too - thought it was hormonal then.

southeastastra - maybe it's because of all the flies we were talking about the other night.

Will top up on probiotic yoghurt. Thanks for the tip.

MrsBadger Sun 02-Sep-07 17:08:21

yep, esp in early pg
also with my period
tis the hormones

then iron tablets sent me the other way and I had to break out the prunes...

fun, eh?
hmm

LiliAnjelika Sun 02-Sep-07 17:16:23

I know hormones play a part but I just don't undertand why the last three episodes happened after eating out - and all on fairly hot days. I dread to think what's happening backstage in restaurant kitchens! Dh, who thinks that salmonella and listeria and ecoli etc are all illnesses dreamt up by the evil manufacturers of Dettol surface cleaner, tells me it's a coincidence.

dal21 Sun 02-Sep-07 18:34:55

Yup - on and off throughout this pregnancy. No pattern/ reason why. But preferable to what the opposite could be IMO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now