Talk

Advanced search

how much does it cost to run a tumble dryer for say an hour and a half to 2 hours?

(9 Posts)
robinredbreast Fri 31-Aug-07 19:21:17

just wondering how much money it saves pegging out your washing rather than tumbling

lol
im lazy and need a mony incentive

JoanCrawford Fri 31-Aug-07 19:25:09

bump. would be interested to know this too.

Charlster77 Fri 31-Aug-07 19:26:39

Just buy the dryer! Even with this sunny weather, we have been tumble drying the baby's stuff and he is rattling through it all so quickly!
We thought we had LOADS of clothes for him before he was born but now it seems that certain stuff fits him for a short period of time whilst other stuff is still too big. The dryer has been a godsend!

FioFio Fri 31-Aug-07 19:28:42

Message withdrawn

FioFio Fri 31-Aug-07 19:28:53

Message withdrawn

robinredbreast Fri 31-Aug-07 19:30:30

charlster ive got one lol
just want to know how much it saves by pegging the washing out

Roskva Fri 31-Aug-07 19:37:13

I halved my electricity for th quarter to the end of July compared to the previous one by line drying and just finishing things off in the dryer for half an hour if necessary. Bearing in mind the cr*p weather we've had, the kitchen has mostly looked like a laundry, but the dryer is the only appliance I've used less, so I have to assume that the dryer is the culprit.

Bubbaloo Fri 31-Aug-07 19:42:07

I've no idea on the cost but I've been using ours nearly every day while the weather has been bad and I got my electric bill yesterday.It was almost double what it normally isshock.

midnightexpress Fri 31-Aug-07 20:48:01

Get a pulley, then you can hang stuff up indoors if it's raining. I live in Glasgow where we all have hiiiiiiiiiiigh ceilings of course which helps (no damp knickers dangling in your face, just hoik em up and forget about them until they're dry).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now