Talk

Advanced search

postive boots own brand but negative on clear blue digital and first response

(17 Posts)
wickedwitch80 Thu 23-Jan-20 12:56:27

can anyone advise me on this think im going mad! ive taken 5 tests 3 boots own brand all positive. one clear blue digital negative and a first response negative can anyone help me out im going mad with the not knowing. all postives were very faint and on different days all first thing in the morning by the way im 9 years steriliased so very confused please help

OP’s posts: |
MotherofKitties Thu 23-Jan-20 13:05:11

Hi OP,

I got a very very early positive with boots own brand when I didnt with clear blue; I can only assume boots own brand are just super sensitive tests?

Take another one tomorrow and see if the line is stronger and go from there. Hope it works out the way you want it to xx

wickedwitch80 Thu 23-Jan-20 13:08:37

motherof kitties my hubby wants me to wait till the weekend! as we have had a couple of chemical pregnancies in the last year so hes just being careful

Rainbowbabymummy Thu 23-Jan-20 13:27:03

I've always had the best result with a cheaper test, used clear blue three times and it was wrong twice

wickedwitch80 Thu 23-Jan-20 13:35:15

Rainbowbabymummy so they are not as relable as they then?! I feel like such a prat doing this but ive not been in the situation for nearly 10 years! worried that if I am it could be in the wrong place what with being steriliased so long ( shouldn't actually happen)

blackcat86 Thu 23-Jan-20 13:44:29

Try again tomorrow morning with the first wee of the day. I had a negative with clear blue but got a BFP the next day. DD is now 17 months.

travellover Thu 23-Jan-20 14:00:17

Clear blue aren't really that sensitive but it's abit odd that you didn't get a positive on a FRER as I thought they were the most sensitive. I'd suggest waiting 48 hours and testing again, as if you are pregnant then your hcg levels will double in that time anyway smile

Delbelleber Thu 23-Jan-20 14:05:18

If the boots test is a blue dye it may not be reliable either. Pink dye tests are more reliable.

Hugtheduggee Thu 23-Jan-20 14:09:59

If you have been sterilised for 9 years, but have had several recent early miscarriages, then that would suggest that you are very much fertile again. Maybe wait a few days then do another test.

Best of luck.

wickedwitch80 Thu 23-Jan-20 14:11:32

boots own are pink. its changed a bit since last time but then maybe im being over sensitive and over thinking it all but surely three positive must mean something even if very faint. I had thought at first got to be evaporation lines but I read them them all within the time so good knows! spoken with gp she says I must be but that's without doing a test but im NOT convinced at all.

edin16 Thu 23-Jan-20 16:21:09

As far as I know you cannot get a false positive result. I remember something like that from the uni course I did. For a test to be positive you have to have the pregnancy hormone in your body. So hopefully, assuming that, the boots ones will be the correct ones!

CmdrCressidaDuck Thu 23-Jan-20 16:24:11

You've had multiple chemical pregnancies in the last year despite sterilisation? Would you not start using a secondary form of contraception once you had evidence your sterilisation had failed?

wickedwitch80 Fri 24-Jan-20 11:23:31

@edin16 ive just done some research on the boots own and it appears theres been a lot of women getting postives from them in the couple of months but on going to the docs to get it confirmed they have all been negative. one woman claims to have had her hubby pee on one and supposedly it came back positive ! so perhaps its a nationwide bad batch. ive orderd some tests that have never let me down yet

LWMB Fri 24-Jan-20 17:15:06

I am in the exact same position as you!
Tested last night with two boots tests; one digital and one generic boots with the pink line. Both were positive.
Used a clear blue digital test today and it was negative. AF not due until 27th but am feeling very crampy.
I did read that boots were recalling a lot of their pregnancy tests but that was back in 2018 so surely the bad batch can't still be on the shelves.
My friend who has two children always had positives in the evening and negatives with FMU.
I don't know what to do anymore other than wait but the next few days are going to be SO LONG!
Let me know how you get on!

Naturalbrunette Fri 07-Aug-20 17:18:21

LWMB

I am in the exact same position as you!
Tested last night with two boots tests; one digital and one generic boots with the pink line. Both were positive.
Used a clear blue digital test today and it was negative. AF not due until 27th but am feeling very crampy.
I did read that boots were recalling a lot of their pregnancy tests but that was back in 2018 so surely the bad batch can't still be on the shelves.
My friend who has two children always had positives in the evening and negatives with FMU.
I don't know what to do anymore other than wait but the next few days are going to be SO LONG!
Let me know how you get on!

Lwmb how did you get on with this? I have a boots one saying pregnant and an Asda one with a faint line

Marmite27 Fri 07-Aug-20 17:20:03

I got a correct result on a two years out of date boots test. I’d believe the boots test.

Naturalbrunette Sat 08-Aug-20 20:44:27

I took a few more just to be certain and it seems I am in fact pregnant. Had a false positive from clear blue last month so was a bit wary smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in