Talk

Advanced search

Unable to be touched

(10 Posts)
aneliese Wed 15-Jan-20 07:19:28

Hello I'm only at 4 weeks however I've recently found that I can't stand my partner touching me, kissing me, breathing near me. The poor guy!! I've tried explaining that I think it's my hormones and that I love him, but I know it's still hard for him to understand. He's very tactile and I am usually, but at the moment I can't bear him to be anywhere near me in bed. It's making him want to hug me more too, which is driving me mad. Has anyone else had this? I'm worried I don't love him anymore but hoping it's just the hormones.

Lcw29 Wed 15-Jan-20 07:47:15

I've had the same . Its definitely hormones. Some find they want more intamacy and some less. Poor blokes lol I feel so guilty as I love my hubby so much but cant face anything like that atm. I was like it in first pregnancy too unfortunately

Lcw29 Wed 15-Jan-20 07:47:54

It does go back to normal by the way. Once hormones settle down

Umberta Wed 15-Jan-20 08:21:44

For me, I've had that on and off (a few days at a time). They happened to coincide with when I had some icky nausea and pains, but did feel like a separate issue all in itself. Like food aversions except, husband aversion. But then on other days I couldn't take my hands off him haha. If your OH gets a bit offended, you could name other symptoms you're feeling at the same time, such as nausea, so it feels less personal to him. (Instead of "I can't bear you touching me atm", it becomes "I'm feeling nauseous atm so don't touch me right now")

Bezalelle Wed 15-Jan-20 08:43:12

Same for me, and DH has been so good about it. Found out I was pg a week before our wedding, and we didn't even have sex on our wedding night because I was feeling so icky about it! Nor on our honeymoon either. Hopefully it will pass.

Emberfoot Wed 15-Jan-20 08:54:30

My poor hubs lol, went in for a kiss and I started gagging. Luckily he saw the funny side!

squirrelnutkins1 Wed 15-Jan-20 09:06:42

I had this but it seems to have passed now thank goodness. I couldn't bare DH being anywhere near my face or touching me, it made my nausea worse somehow?!? I'm 12 weeks now so hang in there!

BeautyAndTheBump1 Wed 15-Jan-20 09:12:04

Literally my life 😂 along with my hyperemesis, I found out I was pg the day after our wedding and we definitely had no steamy honeymoon. We've had sex once since I've been pg & I'm 20 weeks, and that once was a major effort, all I could think about was trying not to throw up 😂 luckily he understands and isnt bothered at all.

aneliese Wed 15-Jan-20 17:09:37

Thanks everyone! I hope it doesn't last too long, or at least comes and goes!

ser91 Wed 15-Jan-20 19:06:45

My partner's breath made me physically sick up to around 16 weeks... 😂😂😂. Still now I've banned raw onions as onion breath still makes me sick. I'm 28 weeks now and still off of intimacy. We would normally have sex 4-5 times a week.

It's really hard, as obviously I love him loads, but somehow my body doesn't feel like it's mine and it's there for this baby... so I never feel very up for it.

I think he understands and although he loves the bump and wants to cuddle more both of our sex drives have definitely decreased.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »