Talk

Advanced search

Mat allowance waiting time

(5 Posts)
nwort99 Wed 15-Jan-20 00:34:38

I know mat allowance was taking 14 weeks last year. I got a text saying I'd have an outcome by 10 weeks, but just wondered if anyone recently received it and how long you had to wait? Had a bit of a wait on my MatB1 so ended up sending my forms a bit late... After the 10 weeks baby will be 6 weeks old!

Genehuntssexyhands Wed 15-Jan-20 00:37:30

I sent mine beginning of November and haven’t even had an acknowledgement! I’m going to call them tomorrow to check they actually received it

Andersonx3 Wed 15-Jan-20 09:08:04

I rang them and asked for an emergency payment (for genuine reasons) as my application was apparently going to take another 14 weeks and my DD was already 2 weeks old. I had to chase them twice for a decision but instead of an emergency payment they assessed my application and approved it. I was backdated and paid the following week. Have you got your child benefit sorted?

Genehuntssexyhands Wed 15-Jan-20 11:38:27

I don’t think I’m eligible for child benefit but I’m definitely going to chase them about the mat pay. Another 14 weeks! That’s crazy.

Andersonx3 Wed 15-Jan-20 12:33:17

I think the threshold for child benefit is £50k if that helps. 14 weeks was back in December so things may have changed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »