Talk

Advanced search

NIPT

(11 Posts)
Ethellsmum Tue 14-Jan-20 20:29:26

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get the NIPT done privately? Not too worried on area as in am willing to travel. There seems to be many places that offer if but it would be nice to hear personal experiences.
Also, there seems to be quite a few different tests. Any advice most welcome.

BrandoraPaithwaite Tue 14-Jan-20 20:35:47

My friend and I both had ours at a private clinic called 'this is my' (stupid name, good clinic)

I think all the tests Serenity, Harmony, Panorama etc are the same just different brand names.

Persipan Tue 14-Jan-20 20:44:45

I don't like the sonographer at my local private scanning clinic where they offer NIPT, so I went to The Birth Company in Harley Street (I basically squeezed it in while I was in London anyway for a protest march!).

I will confess that I normally don't think much of Harley Street, but I'd had a good experience with them previously in very difficult circumstances - that particular pregnancy, sadly, was not successful but they were very thorough and compassionate and kind about breaking that news to me. So, I rate them quite highly - and they were great with the NIPT, too (they do various different ones; I had Harmony).

Ethellsmum Tue 14-Jan-20 20:49:40

Do you mind me asking how much you paid? Please don’t feel under pressure to answer if you would rather not - I’m just trying to gauge an average cost.

DreamingofSunshine Tue 14-Jan-20 21:04:54

I paid £395 at the fetal medicine centre on Harley Street three years ago for the Harmony test, worth every penny.

EarlGreyT Tue 14-Jan-20 21:05:34

Another vote for “this is my”. www.thisismynipt.co.uk/

You can do a postal test with them (where they send the test kit out to you) as long as you have somewhere local you can have the sample taken (your MW may do it). They were by far the cheapest.

The safe and Iona tests are performed in this country so you’ll get the results quickest with one of these. The harmony test is the best known NIPT, but not the best test.

EarlGreyT Tue 14-Jan-20 21:08:00

Think I paid £280 for the test with the kit they send out, but if you have it with the scan it’s £350.

Essexgirlupnorth Tue 14-Jan-20 21:09:12

My local maternity hospital offers iona for £405.

FernBritanica Tue 14-Jan-20 21:16:39

I'm going for "this is my" as well. It was £350 for NIFTY (results back in 5- 7 working days) or £400 for SAFE (results back in 3- 5 working days. If you choose not to have a scan (I'm having it the day after my 12 week scan) then it's £20 less. The London clinic is in Harley St but I think they have them all over.

Ethellsmum Tue 14-Jan-20 21:17:24

I have emailed thisismy as it’s the only one I can see who has a clinic in my own town.

Liveforholidays Wed 15-Jan-20 06:35:39

I had a NIPT done before Christmas at the Birmingham Women's hospital. We were recommended by the sonographers at our 12 week scan to contact Arc. They have a list of recommended places in your home area. Birmingham women's was top of their list for the Midlands. We paid £395. www.arc-uk.org/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »