Talk

Advanced search

just got BFP - when do i go to the doctor?

(9 Posts)
walkingwomb Tue 28-Aug-07 21:21:26

i have been searching everywhere and can't see when you are suppose to go (maybe v stupid question). Am four weeks pregnant.

Any help much appreciated!

WWxx

TheQueenOfQuotes Tue 28-Aug-07 21:22:46

You can give them a ring - as soon as you want - but chances are they'll tell you to make an appoinment for when you're about 8-10 weeks.

flowerybeanbag Tue 28-Aug-07 21:22:59

Go soon as you like. You will get told to book in with the midwife, but they probably won't do that until about 10 wks. Nothing much happens for a while, but if you go to the docs at least you feel as though something's happening.
congrats!

walkingwomb Tue 28-Aug-07 21:25:13

Thanks. Will they set up the appointment for the scan at 12 weeks when I got to see them at 8ish weeks then?

TheQueenOfQuotes Tue 28-Aug-07 21:25:26

my Dr.s surgery wouldn't even entertain giving me an appointment just to tell him that I was pg grin - although they did take details of how far I thought I was on the phone and I believe they then told the hospital to arrange my 12 week dating scan.

beansprout Tue 28-Aug-07 21:26:31

I live in London and some of the hospitals are more popular than others, so I went along quite early on to ensure I could be referred to (and be accepted) at the hospital I chose.

walkingwomb Tue 28-Aug-07 21:26:54

Thank you all so much - I will give them a call tomorrow. I am going on holiday in 4 weeks and would like to go and see them before then.

WWxx

coleyboy Tue 28-Aug-07 21:32:11

Congratulations!!

I didn't even bother getting an appt with the GP (it's not if they do anything and there isn't a need for them to get involved), so I contacted the MW's instead.

She saw me straight away (approx 6 weeks pg) to introduce herself and tell me about the MW team, then again at 10 weeks.

Even if their policy is not to see you until 10 weeks, I am sure they will see you before if you request it.

Mrswizz Wed 29-Aug-07 12:27:02

I went to the doc at 5 weeks, just because DH wouldn't believe I was pg unless I did. GP didn't really have much to say, didn't test me or anything but made a proper booking in appointment for about 8 weeks. Then they arranged the 12 week scan for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now