Talk

Advanced search

So, I'm 40+4, baby's head still free, MW couldn't do a sweep today. Come cheer me up!

(28 Posts)
Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 19:05:33

4th baby, booked for homebirth and fighting a 12-day induction policy hmm

Went for a sweep today but MW said not advisable as baby's head still free and there would be a risk of cord prolapse if membranes ruptured.

I'm feeling really downhearted as I'd felt things were moving a bit over the last couple of days. Feeling lots of downward pressure and the odd contraction.

Is it worth trying anything to get things moving? Will anything get baby's head a bit further down?

Marina Tue 28-Aug-07 19:10:33

I've come to give you a cheering virtual hug, but can't give any helpful advice Ceolas I'm afraid. Cord prolapse was such a preoccupation with my team that I ended up having a c-section (not wanted). But I had Bad Form, of course, and I am sure and hopeful you will be luckier XXX

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 19:11:58

Thanks Marina. Hugs welcome too

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 19:12:55

okay I'm here! Let me help you with the self-pity grin

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 19:15:18

Okay.

Do you want an induction? You can't be forced to have one if you don't want one. You can agree to go in for monitoring. Be aware though that the language used when speaking to you may not be the most positive!

Don't worry so much. Get busy with other things. If you worry you'll close your body up.

Time for some visualisation. Talk to your baby. Tell baby it is time to come.

Eat some fresh pineapple.
Have lots of sex (quids in DH lol)
Nipple stimulation. If you can't be arsed get DH to do it as a prolonged foreplay session.

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 19:16:04

Of course you can always email me on lovelymars at aol dot com and I'll see what I can do for you. grin

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 19:17:27

Definitely do not want an induction. Told MW I'm not ready to discuss it yet.

DH will be pleased wink

MW mentioned birth ball, but I'm not sure what you're actually supposed to do with it hmm

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 19:18:29

Sit on it! Bounce (but not too hard) on it. Roll backwards and forwards on it. smile Kick it when truly frustrated!

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 19:18:37

Oh had the pineapple at lunchtime. As an aside, surprised at the amount of the stuff you need to consume to count as one of your 5-a-day...

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 19:19:12

and to get you going! Make sure it's fresh not tinned! grin

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 19:19:50

Oh and as my own aside... technically you're not overdue until 42+1

thought I'd throw that in! grin

bambi06 Tue 28-Aug-07 19:19:56

i`m totally in sympathy with you..please read my other threadi jus tposted on the august thread..im three weeks over on thurs and had lots of negativity today from all cornewrs and im now totally depressed and upset..i HATE HOSPITALS

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 19:20:42

Not just fresh pineapple, M&S fresh pineapple

Will try the bouncing...

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 19:21:55

Bambi.

I have been feeling so positive throughout this pregnancy. Hate the thought of the last few days being miserable...

Marina Tue 28-Aug-07 19:34:45

Oh Bambi, I'm so sorry. My sis was 40 + 13 when they induced her and 40 + 17 when dniece was finally delivered. She was so fed up by the end

lulumama Tue 28-Aug-07 20:09:50

<<sticks head round door...reads...>>

what mars said ! grin

don't be downhearted !

positive, positive happy , happy, birthy thoughts only !

have a lovely bath, visualise the birth, and have a glass of wine....

and try to get good nights sleep, after plenty of sex and nipple stim x

cluelessnchaos Tue 28-Aug-07 20:16:49

Was 40+3 weeks when ds was born and had to fight and ignore a lot of people, smile serenely and say I am happy to come in for monitoring every day, you can check the placenta function as often as you like. Pull the 4th child card out, ask them not to patronise you.

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 20:17:16

hmm, lulu, sounds like fun!

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 21:48:08

Absolutely cluelesschaos! grin

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 21:49:35

And will I still be supported in a home birth at that stage?

Don't really want to think that far ahead though...

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 21:51:11

Ceo.............. why aren't you having sex?

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 21:51:50

hmm DH watching Silent Witness. Am sitting on the ball

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 21:52:23

Well get all nekkid and raunchy then.... but don't feel you need to share the details!

Ceolas Tue 28-Aug-07 21:53:10

I'll let him see the end...

MarsLady Tue 28-Aug-07 21:53:41

lol...............chicken!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now