Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy test-negative to start now turned positive?

(10 Posts)
Neena28 Tue 28-Aug-07 15:49:12

Right having a bit of a panic!

Did a pregnancy test this morning which looked negative. Then people turned up and I hid the test in the bathroom, just gone back to it and now it's definitley positive.

The instructions say disregard the test after ten minutes but i don't see how it can now have changed to positive if the hcg isn't there at all.

There's no way I can get out to get another one today and am sh**ng a brick!

Thanks

LilRedWG Tue 28-Aug-07 15:50:18

It may be an evaporation line. Call the helpdesk number on the test packet.

Good luck!

meandmy Tue 28-Aug-07 15:50:35

it could be an evaporation line because you left it so long test again in the morning!

PinkMartini Tue 28-Aug-07 15:51:15

I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along in a minute but I think the sign coming up as a + is a control line which comes up after 10 mins.
HTH

Neena28 Tue 28-Aug-07 15:53:06

It's a clearblue on so has a control window thats a diamond shape. That 'lit' up straight away as did the not pregnant line it's just now it's a cross not just a line.

F*ing hell!

Neena28 Tue 28-Aug-07 15:55:50

Sorry thanks all!!

So arghh that I have forgotten my manners!

xx

cazzybabs Tue 28-Aug-07 15:58:37

I'd do another one. Look at peeonastick - a website which has lots of answers

Neena28 Tue 28-Aug-07 16:02:09

Thank you soooo much...what a great website!

I will jamjar tomorrows first wee and test as soon as i can.

Thank you.

x

PurlyQueen Tue 28-Aug-07 16:02:19

I'd put yourself out of your misery and do another test.

Hope you get the answer you want smile

iliketosleep Wed 29-Aug-07 19:06:20

was the line thick or thin? if it was pencil thin its a negative, if its got some width to it then its positive! ive done loads of cb and they seemed neg then after about 15 mins there was a faint blue very thin line and it was negative, but a few weeks later i took another and it came up with a big thick line, as thick as the not pregnant line within seconds. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now