Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second pregnancy - does your baby "drop" earlier?

(7 Posts)
Mumpbump Tue 28-Aug-07 14:12:25

Just wondering about this. My bump seems to be quite low and I think the baby has dropped at 35 weeks. But I thought second and subsequent babies only engaged shortly before birth. Do second babies drop earlier or could this be a sign of an early arrival?

TIA.

Mumpbump Tue 28-Aug-07 16:48:07

Disappearing from work, but will check tomorrow in case anyone has words of wisdom to offer on this...

rozzyraspberry Tue 28-Aug-07 19:20:54

I too thought 2nd and subsequent babies dropped later. My 2nd didn't engage until I was 8cm dilated and my midwife decided it would be a good idea to break my waters to help things along. He was born shortly afterwards.

muppetgirl Tue 28-Aug-07 19:22:13

Have to say my bump (2nd) has always been much lower than ds1 was. Been really uncomfortable at times...

midnightexpress Tue 28-Aug-07 20:16:05

Like rozzy, my 2nd didn't drop at all, so I ended up with a cs at 10cms dilated. Oh and he came a day early.

Mumpbump Wed 29-Aug-07 09:17:48

Hmm. Sounds like it's pretty inconclusive one way or t'other!! Thanks for your posts anyway. Guess I'll just have to be patient...

fawkeoff Wed 29-Aug-07 09:19:33

i have to say that head was nowhere near engaged unil i went into labour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now