This is my first post on Mumsnet, but I'd be grateful for any advice. I'm now 40+1 with my second baby and hoping to attempt a VBAC after my first was delivered at 39 weeks due to being breech.
No breech problems with this one, although he/she is back to back. I was given a membrane sweep at 39+5 at which my MW said I was 2cm dilated, my cervix was very ripe, I would have a quick labour and deliver by Saturday. Needless to say it is now Monday and nothing happening at all!!! I had a few twinges (like mild period cramps) after the sweep but nothing since - is this common?
My dilemma is that I've been booked in for an elective C-section on Friday as I wanted to be out of hospital in time for my son to start pre-school on the 4th. My MW has offered to do a second sweep, but she only has a clinic once a week on a Thursday, which doesn't leave a lot of time for the sweep to kick in before the C-section on Friday!! I'm really keen to to try for a VBAC, so do you think it is OK to contact the Day Maternity Unit at my hospital to see if they will do a sweep earlier or are they just going to tell me to wait for my MW??? I've got no idea what to do for the best, so would appreciate any advice!!!