Talk

Advanced search

Dr appointment

(5 Posts)
Jj2431 Mon 30-Dec-19 10:09:04

Hi,

Found out I'm pregnant a few days ago. I think I'm about 6 weeks. Called drs today about referral and I've got to see dr first. What do you think will happen at this appointment? I think they want to confirm themselves?

Boymummy3 Mon 30-Dec-19 10:55:27

It's very rare now for a Dr or midwife to confirm a pregnancy they usually just take your word for it (depending whereabouts you are I suppose) They may just go through some early things with you like medical history etc or they could possibly want you to do a test to confirm it won't be anything bad though.

Ronia Mon 30-Dec-19 10:56:52

Mine did basic medical history and checks and then just referred me to midwife team. Not much really and didn't confirm pregnancy.

erised Mon 30-Dec-19 11:09:44

My first Dr's appointment was pointless. I was there for about a minute and she said she couldn't do anything and I'd have to self-refer to a midwife and sent me on my way. I've had no one confirm my pregnancy, first midwife appointment was a run down of mine and families medical history and booking my first scan which is on the 13th.

Umberta Mon 30-Dec-19 16:02:06

Mine was the exact same as Erised. In my area, south london, you don't need to go to the doctor, you just go on your local hospital's maternity website and there's a form you fill in, and a week later you get some letters with appointment dates on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »