Instant noodles during first trimester?

(30 Posts)
mimiblack Fri 20-Dec-19 17:45:34

Hey all,

So I'm a lover of maggi masala noodles. I tend to eat 3 or so packs a week. I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant and I've only just read up that apparently it's not good for the baby. I know in general they aren't the most nutritious thing to eat but now I'm worried that the amount I've consumed since being pregnant (only found out 2 weeks ago) may have done some harm...

Advice on instant noodles during pregnancy in general too.

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Tableclothing Fri 20-Dec-19 17:49:24

I've never heard this. Where did you hear it?

Marmite27 Fri 20-Dec-19 17:51:18

Probably the salt content

CatintheFireplace Fri 20-Dec-19 17:51:33

Eh?

Selfsettling3 Fri 20-Dec-19 17:52:25

You need to read the nhs information and not random stuff on the internet.

KnitFastDieWarm Fri 20-Dec-19 17:52:50

Oh mate grin first pregnancy I take it?
When I was pregnant I had hyperemesis and lived on fish fingers, instant noodles and flat coke for six months. DS is fine, your baby will be too. Relax!

Maggie272 Fri 20-Dec-19 17:56:14

I had a stirfry with sprouts...didn't know you weren't supposed to!
Here is a list of things to stay away from
www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-foods-to-avoid-during-pregnancy#TOC_TITLE_HDR_13

Advertisement

Pinkblueberry Fri 20-Dec-19 17:56:35

Many women suffer with horrendous morning sickness and nausea during the first trimester... just keeping anything down at that stage is a win really. I literally just ate beige food (think toast and plain chicken nuggets and chips) until I was about 13 or 14 weeks - and maybe the odd grape now and then... Where did you get your info from? As pp said I’ve never heard of that. Stick with NHS guidelines and ignore random internet articles.

Selfsettling3 Fri 20-Dec-19 17:58:51

www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/foods-to-avoid-pregnant/

DappledThings Fri 20-Dec-19 18:25:30

I had a stirfry with sprouts...didn't know you weren't supposed to!

WTF? Unless it was a stir fry made with swordfish and pate I can't see what would be wrong with it.

EstebanTheMagnificent Fri 20-Dec-19 19:18:25

What?

Keha Fri 20-Dec-19 19:20:25

I ate loads of instant noodles in first trimester, only thing I could keep down sometimes. I guess not great in terms of lack of nutrients, high in salt - but I've never heard they were specifically not recommended. I can't change anything about it now and am nearly 30 weeks. Where did you hear they are bad?

dementedpixie Fri 20-Dec-19 19:21:42

Instant noodles are fine, just watch salt content. Sprouted seeds are ok if cooked

www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/sprouted-seeds-safety-advice/

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 20-Dec-19 19:23:44

Of course you can eat instant noodles.

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 20-Dec-19 19:24:22

That's not a UK site either.

Boymummy3 Fri 20-Dec-19 20:01:54

This is my 3rd pregnancy and my god the stuff people read about now that they can't do/eat during pregnancy boggles my mind.

This is nothing against you OP at all but yes they are fine to eat 🙈 if your ever worried as others have said check the NHS websites but 8n all honesty aslong as you don't eat the deffinate NO NO's majority of other stuff is fine some things are just better off eaten within reason. X

georgialondon Fri 20-Dec-19 20:07:56

Just go by the advice on the NHS website. It's fine.

mimiblack Fri 20-Dec-19 20:51:41

Guys, it's my first pregnancy; the stuff I read online confuses me HENCE why I'm asking!

I do think instant noodles don't seem to be good at all as they have way too much salt and MSG. Apparently it's not good for brain development (for those asking) so should be consumed every now and then.

Loads of articles from pregnancy forums and sites for whoever wants to read. Just google 'instant noodles during pregnancy'.

Anyway thanks to those who have cleared up my paranoia 👍

OP’s posts: |
BertieBotts Fri 20-Dec-19 20:55:32

MSG is one of those things everyone is afraid of for some reason but there is actually nothing wrong with it.

Ignore the American lists as they are batshit based off foods which are likely to be contaminated due to practices which are common there but not here.

Peanutty86 Fri 20-Dec-19 20:58:25

It's so hard not to over analyse isn't it? I found so much confusing stuff on the internet.... but for what it's worth, I ate some Thai instant noodles almost every lunch at work for a few weeks in my first trimester and my bubba was perfectly fine. If he ends up being a little arsehole at some point I'll just blame it on the instant noodles 😂

dementedpixie Fri 20-Dec-19 21:00:40

Do your noodles even contain MSG? Read nhs site not other random sites

DappledThings Fri 20-Dec-19 21:02:03

Loads of articles from pregnancy forums and sites for whoever wants to read

Just stick to the NHS advice, not any other random stuff and you'll be fine

selmabear Fri 20-Dec-19 21:04:00

Eat your noodles and enjoy your pregnancy.

EstebanTheMagnificent Fri 20-Dec-19 21:06:15

Maggi masala noodles do not contain MSG. Just keep an eye on your salt intake.

Cocktailsxandxdreams Fri 20-Dec-19 21:37:23

Stick to the nhs advice ,dont read any others will drive u crazy, it did me i now have a lovely 8wk old, dont do what i did ,made me stop eating so much foods.
Noodles are fine.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in