Talk

Advanced search

anxiety at night

(5 Posts)
Stefka Thu 23-Aug-07 22:40:19

I feel mainly happy and calm during the day (the odd emotional moment or grumpy day aside). When the evening comes however I start to feel really anxious. Has anyone else had this? I don't want to feel that way as I am sure it can't be good for the baby. I really don't know what is causing it - the only thing I can think of is I am not sleeping well so perhaps it is related to that. I don't have to get up in the morning though so it's not a big stress that I can't sleep at night.

thegirlwithnoname Fri 24-Aug-07 00:00:11

Stefka, how long have you felt this way? Are you at all worried about your pregnancy/labour/baby?
have you thought of doing some relaxation techniques in the evening? Do you go to yoga, that might be an idea if there is a yoga class for pregnant women in your area, also you could try a relaxing bath and hot drink and maybe one of those herb pillows or relaxing music. Just a thought.

spinspinsugar Fri 24-Aug-07 00:03:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stefka Fri 24-Aug-07 10:06:50

I guess we are facing a lot of changes right now. I am out of a job which is ok because I want to be at home with the baby but it has taken a huge cut out of our income. My husband is about to become a student and start a new part time job - so it is all go here! I wonder if it also that I am not looking forward to going to bed because of all the aches and pains I suffer during the night.

I have been doing a yoga class - not a special pregnancy one sadly as there wasn't one in my area but I will try using some of that before bed to see if it helps.

MadLabOwner Fri 24-Aug-07 10:20:16

Stefka, sorry to hear about your anxiety during the night. I was the same during pregnancy, especially when I was still working - I would worry about the most odd things that didn't bother me at all during the day. When I remembered them in the morning I would think I had been derranged the night before to be worrying about something so random! I've always been like this though - fine and calm during the day, worrying all night.

The best thing I did was to stop stressing about worrying, and as soon as I started worrying I would pick up a book and start reading or do a Soduko puzzle (can't bear the sight of them now!, anything mentally stimulating to take my mind off what was worrying me. Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now