Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whats Safe To Take?

(7 Posts)
shanks313 Thu 23-Aug-07 13:04:47

Hi,

Im 8 weeks pregnant and I have the flu is there anything I can take for it?

Thanks

pobletsmum Thu 23-Aug-07 13:06:21

Paracetamol. Sorry, I know that isn't much help, but it's the only thing I know is safe. There may be others but I don't think so.

pobletsmum Thu 23-Aug-07 13:06:52

Keep your fluids up shanks and I hope you feel better soon.

sarahloumadam Thu 23-Aug-07 13:07:32

My pregnant friend went to the doctor with flu and he told her to rest and take paracetamol. Hope you feel better soon - is pants.

Naetha Thu 23-Aug-07 15:28:26

Paracetamol and lots of fluids - if you have a sore throat then stuff like Hall's soothers/lockets can be great. Other than that endless cups of tea!

Holly29 Thu 23-Aug-07 15:31:01

Vitamin C was my lifesaver - you can get really high dose stuff at the chemist which you shouldn't take when you are well but can take when you are ill. This was SUCH a blessing for me, it cleared up my flu much faster than the first time I had it during pg. I also take it when I feel like I might be getting ill and so far have managed to not have another bout.

Alfie72 Thu 23-Aug-07 16:45:03

a few drops of Olbas oil in a bowl of hot water as a steam inhalant- unblocked my nasal passages a treat !!
Also, maybe put some on a tissue and put it in your pillow case...helps keep things clear overnight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now