Talk

Advanced search

Week 5 pregnancy bleeding - what’s normal and what could be miscarriage?

(4 Posts)
rgeigncottage9 Tue 03-Dec-19 17:44:25

I used the First Response 6 day early test on all of the tests, each time the line has been faint, but clearly there.
I have just done another one now I’m back for work (I had ordered some online and they were waiting on the door mat when I got in so couldn’t resist) and it still a faint line, but is positive.
I’ll attach a picture of the one I just did ... it looks a little more clear in real life. They’ve all been about this faint... should I expect it to be darker. Today I would be 5 weeks (if I haven’t miscarried).
Thanks for your help!!

Blippolbblopp Tue 03-Dec-19 13:01:27

How strong were your positives OP? I used to do regular tests when i was early pregnant due to previous MC's & what helped me relax was seeing the line get darker every few days,

I bled throughout with my DS2, up until about 20 weeks and hes 3 now,
If you dont have any pain id try not to worry. I had a MC before 6 weeks and the pain was horrendous ( id already given birth so wasnt a newbie as such ) but the MC pain was really painful so if you havnt had any pain then that is a postive sign, good luck x

user1493413286 Tue 03-Dec-19 12:52:00

I bled at 3/4 weeks and 7 weeks and I’m now 27 weeks pregnant. It’s awful waiting to see what happens but all I can say is take one day at a time, when I bled at 7 weeks I was told to rest and take some time off work.

rgeigncottage9 Tue 03-Dec-19 12:49:12

Hi, I’m new here so not sure if I’m doing it right.
I was due my period last Monday, didn’t come so did a pg test on Tuesday am. It was positive, so did another, positive again.
I waited until Friday and did another positive again, so would have been 4weeks and 3 days by then, and Friday PM I started spotting (brown blood and just a little bit in my underwear).
Was still spotting brown on Saturday, not enough to cover a panty liner.
Sunday I noticed the blood was redder, and was a very light flow. Much less than a period but more than spotting. I needed a panty liner though only changed for freshness rather than filling it. I had some very tiny clots, and a bit of stringy stuff but only when I wiped. (Sorry this is far too much information!!)
Monday was back to brown medium spotting, and today (Tuesday - 5 weeks) is light spotting.
I called the GP yesterday who said not to worry that she’s know. Women to heavily bleed and remain pregnant, I should just retest in a week and call her back unless I’m in any pain (I’ve had absolutely no pain at all).
I had a miscarriage two months ago at the same time (between 4-5weeks), so I’m really worried I’ve had another. Has anyone else had this experience?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »