Talk

Advanced search

Week 5 pregnancy bleeding - what’s normal and what could be miscarriage?

(4 Posts)
rgeigncottage9 Tue 03-Dec-19 12:49:12

Hi, I’m new here so not sure if I’m doing it right.
I was due my period last Monday, didn’t come so did a pg test on Tuesday am. It was positive, so did another, positive again.
I waited until Friday and did another positive again, so would have been 4weeks and 3 days by then, and Friday PM I started spotting (brown blood and just a little bit in my underwear).
Was still spotting brown on Saturday, not enough to cover a panty liner.
Sunday I noticed the blood was redder, and was a very light flow. Much less than a period but more than spotting. I needed a panty liner though only changed for freshness rather than filling it. I had some very tiny clots, and a bit of stringy stuff but only when I wiped. (Sorry this is far too much information!!)
Monday was back to brown medium spotting, and today (Tuesday - 5 weeks) is light spotting.
I called the GP yesterday who said not to worry that she’s know. Women to heavily bleed and remain pregnant, I should just retest in a week and call her back unless I’m in any pain (I’ve had absolutely no pain at all).
I had a miscarriage two months ago at the same time (between 4-5weeks), so I’m really worried I’ve had another. Has anyone else had this experience?

user1493413286 Tue 03-Dec-19 12:52:00

I bled at 3/4 weeks and 7 weeks and I’m now 27 weeks pregnant. It’s awful waiting to see what happens but all I can say is take one day at a time, when I bled at 7 weeks I was told to rest and take some time off work.

Blippolbblopp Tue 03-Dec-19 13:01:27

How strong were your positives OP? I used to do regular tests when i was early pregnant due to previous MC's & what helped me relax was seeing the line get darker every few days,

I bled throughout with my DS2, up until about 20 weeks and hes 3 now,
If you dont have any pain id try not to worry. I had a MC before 6 weeks and the pain was horrendous ( id already given birth so wasnt a newbie as such ) but the MC pain was really painful so if you havnt had any pain then that is a postive sign, good luck x

rgeigncottage9 Tue 03-Dec-19 17:44:25

I used the First Response 6 day early test on all of the tests, each time the line has been faint, but clearly there.
I have just done another one now I’m back for work (I had ordered some online and they were waiting on the door mat when I got in so couldn’t resist) and it still a faint line, but is positive.
I’ll attach a picture of the one I just did ... it looks a little more clear in real life. They’ve all been about this faint... should I expect it to be darker. Today I would be 5 weeks (if I haven’t miscarried).
Thanks for your help!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »