Talk

Advanced search

How long did it take you to get your BFP?

(44 Posts)
HalfPenny28 Mon 02-Dec-19 16:44:10

Sorry to be intrusive, just trying to tell myself that it's not unusual to happen right away!

How long were you trying before you got your bfp? 🙂

Millsss Mon 02-Dec-19 17:13:23

Hi hun it definitely isn’t unusual! I’m currently 35 weeks today and it took 3 months which felt like a lifetime but realistically was pretty quick!!!

Hugsandpastries Mon 02-Dec-19 17:21:20

First time - 2 months, then a miscarriage, then 1 month
Second time - less than 2 weeks! In my late 30s.

Good luck, hope you get yours soon.

nevergettingalong Mon 02-Dec-19 17:25:50

First cycle. I know this is not really the usual though.

Marshmallow1992 Mon 02-Dec-19 17:26:54

9th cycle.

HalfPenny28 Mon 02-Dec-19 17:41:31

Thank you! Wow such a varied ranged!

Was there anything you did differently on the month you conceived? Now going into my third cycle and it already feels like we've been trying forever!

MockingJay27 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:00:59

2nd cycle. Only difference was, I took an evening primrose capsule each morning up to ovulation. I had read it helps produce more cervical mucus. Might have been coincidence though. But their so cheap was worth a go.

essexanon Mon 02-Dec-19 18:29:01

Me and my partner said we would start trying in January.
However, we Only did the deed once during the cycle, I wouldn’t of been ovulating according to dates and I have PCOS yet somehow I’m pregnant!

I literally couldn’t understand how and done like 5 tests lol. Just goes to show you, it can happen at any time and under any circumstances.

Congratulations to all! I’m still going through a range of emotions from dread to excitement! Xx

Whatelsecouldibecalled Mon 02-Dec-19 18:30:48

3 years and a round of ivf x

mrsg101 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:37:52

Fell pregnant first cycle, first time DTD unprotected after 10 years together! We know we are so lucky, really didn’t expect it to happen straight away!

becca3210 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:47:12

Was 7/8 months. It happened when I started to chill out a bit and not obsess over whether we had dtd enough on the peak fertility days (was using the clear blue ovulation trackers) and just dtd when I felt like it.

Addicted89 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:48:17

First pregnancy-2 cycles after coming off the pill(had been in it for 10 years) unfortunately ended in miscarriage
Current pregnancy- nearly a year of very irregular cycles, got pregnant after about 4 regular cycles.
Good luck and try to relax, we got pregnant when we were on holiday and I’m convinced it was because we both so relaxed and not worrying about TTC.

newmammy2 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:50:45

Nearly 2 years.

MusingCruising Mon 02-Dec-19 18:52:24

1st DC took 27 months
Fell pregnant 13 months later with DC 2 and 13 months after that fell pregnant with DC3

Been trying for DC4 for nearly 2 years now and nothing happened yet,

Jesskir89 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:01:06

2 years 7 months caught when taking chlomid. Good luck x

maxy2019 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:21:42

Hello ladies! sorry I’ve jumped on board this post as I’m not sure how to do a new one! I am so confused... 5 mins after taking a test today it was negative I thought there might of been a faint line but I think my eyes were playing up... I left my test for a few hours and now shows positive (thinking evaporation line!?).. Confused for sure... feel like my periods going to come but boobs feel super heavy and nipples feel so sore to touch.. don’t normally get hormonal boobs on my periods, every so often maybe but rarely
... did anyone feel like they were going to have their period but came on? sad I am an endometriosis sufferer as well so not
Sure if my endo is making me feel sick but having waves of nausea Xxxx

maxy2019 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:22:49

Congratulations!!! Amazing news!!!

HalfPenny28 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:28:15

Thank you all so much 💕 the first two cycles I have been quite uptight I suppose with tracking ovulation and making sure we dtd on the right days.

Might give this cycle a more relaxed approach and see what happens!

Tinkerbell19 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:45:17

1st pregnancy 3 years
2nd wasn't trying - missed the pill and didn't use other form of protection.
3rd pregnancy 2nd cycle
4th wasn't trying - missed the pill again and didn't use other form of protection

squirrelnutkins1 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:47:28

19 months, ended in mc.
8 months following that I've recently had my BFP. Here's hoping it's a sticky bean!!

Turt Mon 02-Dec-19 19:54:32

Currently just over 28 weeks and got my BFP on cycle 3. Can't provide specific months as I had irregular length periods! Good luck thanks

Alderaan Mon 02-Dec-19 20:07:02

Sixteen months. I'd come to terms with the fact it wasn't meant to be, and even got myself a new job, deciding instead to focus on my career. I just didn't expect it to take that long, especially given that my fourteen year old daughter was a happy accident when I was in an almost celibate relationship at the time!

Mum2b2020 Mon 02-Dec-19 20:12:40

1st month then mc then 1st month again.

We gave it everything though. I tracked my basal temperature every morning, did opks, and timed it.

On the second time I was worried my body might not have reset so also used Pre-seed (lube). A friend who was trying for several months used that and got pregnant first time and highly recommend it.

Mum2b2020 Mon 02-Dec-19 20:15:18

I also ate a whole pineapple, including the core a couple of days after ovulation. I know it's just an old wives tale about helping implantation but i tried it the first time and I got pregnant so I gave it a go again the second time...hmm

mrssunshinexxx Mon 02-Dec-19 20:16:37

7 months- happened when I chilled the hell out

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »