Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

period pains

(4 Posts)
sonya2580 Tue 21-Aug-07 16:04:19

Hi everyone im about 6 weeks pregnant and i have had period pains i know it is common in pregnancy to get them but it dont stop me worring about it lol

i had a misscarrige about 5 years ago and im a diabitic type 2 i went to the diabitic clinic this morning and they have put me on injecting myself

scorpio1 Tue 21-Aug-07 16:05:41

hi

come join us in april antenatal

period pains normal, just everything stretching. as long as you are not blleding, its ok.

sorry, dont know much about being diabetic and injecting.

diddle Tue 21-Aug-07 16:09:28

Sonya - congrats on your pregnancy. It is common to get pains during pregnancy, and could be nothig. I would definitly keep an eye on it, check for any bleeding. If the pain pursists or gets worse or you get pains in your shoulder. I'd call a midwife of visit a&e.
Some pains can be caused by an ectopic pregnancy, which could be seriously harmful to you.
Although its best to stay positive i know if i were in your position i'd be worrying.
So keep and eye on it, and don't consider ignoring anything that you suspect could be more serious, its not worth risking your health or the baby's.

Hope i haven't scared you, just being honest and matter o'fact. I think hearing all the nice fluffy things some people say can only make you ignore more serious issues.

sonya2580 Tue 21-Aug-07 19:37:23

i will keep and eye on things
how do i get to the april antenatal
i have just injected my self for the first time and it was painless

i have not really had any morning sikness yet. I sometimes feel light headed durning the day. But i felt slightly sick this morning but nothing majour yet

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: