Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

pain in the left side of my head and face

(8 Posts)
j20baby Mon 20-Aug-07 23:03:01

i posted a few days ago thinking this is sinus pain, but now not so sure, its spreading into my ear, cheekbone and head, kind of like pressure. i can't get in with doc till thur and even though i spent 6 bloody hours at hospitasl yesterday regarding swelling and headache, they just dismissed it.(the pressure type pain that is) its really affecting me, even making my left eye water, and sometimes it gets really sharp, but mainly just a pressure type ache. any ideas???

ChocolateHobnob Tue 21-Aug-07 06:42:33

Hi J20,

No idea what it might be but I just wanted to say, poor you! Lots of sympathy. Surely you shouldnt have to put up with this pain - can't you get an earlier doc appointment? have you spoken to the midwife? No real advice from me just lots of hugs and sympathy - you've had a rough ride recently!

j20baby Tue 21-Aug-07 09:34:52

thanks for the reply choc, have managed to get in with GP this morning, didn't sleep again last night, so rung and begged them, will let you know whats wrong with me this time

puglover Tue 21-Aug-07 18:40:32

hi j20, I have had exactly the same thing on the right side! The pain is excruciating but only lasts a few minutes at a time but also generally feel a bit under the weather. I have an appt with the dentist tommorrow as wasn`t sure whether it was tooth related. Please write back after your gp appt as would be interested to see what she says. I find paracetamol doesn`t help at all-what about you?

littlelapin Tue 21-Aug-07 18:41:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

j20baby Tue 21-Aug-07 21:08:57

Hi thanks for the replies

littlel- i was covinced it was sinus pain too.

puglover-paracetomol does nothing, not even co-codomol, i've seen the dentist and it wasn't to do with my teeth, also thought it was my ear....so here's what the GP said....its something to do with my jaw joint and the muscles around it, GP said it is one of them things what is really difficult to treat, it may be infected, he's not sure, anyway he's given me 7 days of anti-biotics and i've got to go back in a week if it hasn't cleared up.

littlelapin Tue 21-Aug-07 22:08:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

j20baby Tue 21-Aug-07 22:18:25

thanks LittleL, hopefully the AB's will clear it up whatever it is!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: