Talk

Advanced search

5 weeks Pregnant

(345 Posts)
JackGordonsMummy Sat 23-Nov-19 21:03:19

Hi all,

I am only 5 weeks pregnant (due 24th of July) with baby number 2! All went well last pregnancy (appart from horrific morning sickness from 6 - 23 weeks)

I have seen a few old threads with Ladies asking this question but would be nice to have some reassurance from other Mums to be on how terrifying the wait to 12 weeks is!

I'm so scared something goes wrong every time I go to the loo I'm checking for blood and any pains in my abdomen i feel I'm convinced something bad is happening 😭 x

hermionelodge Wed 22-Jan-20 18:22:15

@JackGordonsMummy that's good, they surely aren't too concerned either if you don't have to go in until Friday.

I downloaded the app after my first app so will be checking there. I was advised at my scan that if it's high risk you will be notified within 7 days otherwise it will be 2-3 weeks. So I would take that as positive that you haven't heard anything so far. X

pottypotamus Wed 22-Jan-20 18:20:03

Hope they check it out for you 👍🏼 @JackGordonsMummy

I haven't downloaded that app, my nhs trust hasn't mentioned that they work with that app. I may download it and check if my trust is on there!

Still feeling incredibly nauseous. Couldn't drink my hot chocolate this afternoon. I've noticed I've been craving salty things more. Couldn't get enough of Wotsits the other day!

JackGordonsMummy Wed 22-Jan-20 18:13:46

Just says not published yet...

JackGordonsMummy Wed 22-Jan-20 18:11:34

Thanks for the reassurance @hermionelodge & @pottypotamus I called at 8 30am and they called back after 3 pm... told me to go in on friday at 2.30 don't know what they'll do hopefully a scan to make sure baby is ok. I'm not overly worried as it was just a small bit of brown spotting and have been clear since then so hopefully it's nothing.

I read on the "late july due date' thread some of the ladies have had their blood results uploaded on the Maternity Notes app mines hasn't yet and I had mine done on the 10th of Jan. Did you download it? Xx

pottypotamus Wed 22-Jan-20 17:44:53

Welcome @WeeScottishWife congrats on your pregnancy!

@hermionelodge I know what you mean, it's been a week since I had my bloods and scan. So hoping that because I haven't heard from hospital that everything is ok. But I'll be very anxious until those results are in my hands.

@JackGordonsMummy sorry about your spotting, fingers crossed you don't get anymore. Let us know how you get on with the EPU.

hermionelodge Wed 22-Jan-20 17:30:46

Thanks @pottypotamus just the nerve wracking wait for the blood tests back now. The worry is never ending!

@WeeScottishWife congratulations! Hopefully you start to feel better soon! I've been quite luck in terms of sickness thankfully.

@JackGordonsMummy hope you're doing ok! Did you hear back from the midwife? I've had a fair bit of brown spotting over the past 8 weeks and baby is fine so I'm sure everything will be for your ok. Typically this morning I woke up at 4am with really strong cramps. Lasted about 4 hours! Feel like I can't get more than one day at a time to be excited before something worrying happens! X

JackGordonsMummy Wed 22-Jan-20 09:21:36

Aww congratulations! Thats wonderful news.

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow and still struggling with the nausea but the cyclizine anti sickness tablets have worked wonders for me.

I woke up this morning feeling really dizzy and hot then went to the loo and there was a little bit brown spotting on my pants. Although nothing there when I wipe now. Totally freaking out . Waiting on the EPU midwife calling me back. X

WeeScottishWife Wed 22-Jan-20 08:04:57

Hi everyone, can I join you? Had my dating scan yesterday which gave my DD as 30th July! I’d gone straight from finishing the pill to getting a positive test a few weeks later, so we’d had no idea when I ovulated/how old baby might be, and that’s a bit higher than we’d expected! Lovely though as hopefully means I’ll get passed the nausea and exhaustion soon now.

JackGordonsMummy Tue 21-Jan-20 13:09:00

Aww @hermionelodge you're only 5 days behind me I'm so glad it all went well and now you can relax for a bit x

pottypotamus Tue 21-Jan-20 13:00:02

Awww congrats @hermionelodge
Glad everything was good with bubs x

hermionelodge Tue 21-Jan-20 12:36:31

@JackGordonsMummy thank you for your message. Just home now, scan was perfect! Measuring 13 weeks so my due date is 28th July which is what I had originally thought. Baby was very wriggly haha. Feel like I can finally get excited now! X

JackGordonsMummy Tue 21-Jan-20 11:32:33

Good luck today @hermionelodge let us know how you get on x

Mummy2be20 Sat 18-Jan-20 07:26:48

@JackGordonsMummy I'm hoping that will be the case!! No spotting for me (fingers crossed!) but I do check every time I go to the loo!
That is so cheap! I can't find anything really locally to me other than really pricey.
Neither does mine! He will say the exact same and just ask me to stop worrying and try to be more positive!!
I'm hoping for a bit more sympathy once we have seen a midwife, had a scan and I start to show!! We can hope

JackGordonsMummy Fri 17-Jan-20 22:13:19

Oh so sorry to hear about your previous MC I had spotting at 8 weeks in my 1st pregnancy and they booked me in for an early NHS scan I called the EPU about it. Maybe wait a week or so and do the same especially since you've had a bad experience they should allow you one. That is so expensive! I'm in Scotland to seems to be more responsible here. I've booked a 16 week gender scan and it was only £35. Yep men are terrible to talk about pregnancy to! My Partner doesn't get it all at! I had horrific lower abdominal pain on Monday/ Tuesday and he was just so unconcerned saying it was gonna be fine. Luckily it was but a but more understanding would have been nice Xx

Mummy2be20 Fri 17-Jan-20 22:05:15

@JackGordonsMummy I am 6 weeks ish. I've been told because of a previous mc and pains if I am still stressed I may be able to receive one through the nhs but it depends I guess. The cheapest I found online was £70 which is a lot especially when your not sure of your exact dates and whether you'll deffo hear/see anything.
Hopefully soon I'll have my mind put at ease even a little more.
Exact same as my partner, says it's a time where we need to think positive and stuff- easier said than done!!!

@hermionelodge it is so true! I have been shocked even in the last couple weeks about how different I feel, how sore I am and the fact I didn't think I should at this stage at all! I also thought back pain was only around when you have a bump but I have defiantly been shown otherwise! So hard to think positively when your having cramps like period pain and expect to see blood when you go to the loo. Nightmare, fingers crossed we all have a little more luck and manage to enjoy some of this amazing experience

hermionelodge Fri 17-Jan-20 21:47:34

@JackGordonsMummy it seems so close but so far at the same time. Have lots planned for this weekend to hopefully pass the time! If all is well I am definitely going to just relax and allow myself to be excited! Yes I will definitely update this thread, only feels right too as you have all provided me with so much reassurance over the last 7 weeks! Yeah I'm hoping I'm in the same boat and I'm just one of the lucky ones who got off lightly. X

@Mummy2be20 I said the exact same thing to my mum, all you hear about is nausea and tiredness in the first trimester.. No one talks about all the weird feelings and twinges etc. I thought you only got back ache once you had a bump! I turned to Google for so many things as I didn't know what was normal but Google has been a curse and a blessing. I've read far too much scary stuff which just fuelled my anxiety so I wouldn't recommend it. These boards are definitely good for reassurance to see that we are all going through the same things and thoughts and feelings no matter what no of baby, age, situation etc. It's definitely helped me these last 2 month's!

JackGordonsMummy Fri 17-Jan-20 19:58:32

@mummytobe20 how many weeks do you think you are?
When is your midwife app?

You will need to go for a private scan you only get you 12 and 20 week on the NHS. (Some circumstances are different) I got my private scan for £40 you can have one as early as 6 weeks but I waited to 8 as I've read on here a lot of woman go too early and they can't see the heartbeat cos the baby is too small so I waited that extra couple of weeks so I didn't have the worry of that aswell!

I started this thread back when I was 5 weeks I was so full of worry that something was going wrong and the same as you because it was too early to tell people I didn't have anyone to talk to appart from my Partner who isn't much of a worrier Haha! This site is so good to get to talk to others in your situation. So glad we have put your mind as ease even just a little x

Mummy2be20 Fri 17-Jan-20 19:41:25

@JackGordonsMummy thank you!! I think I may have too! We are going on holiday second week in feb so I'm hoping the midwife will fill me with confidence and recommend an early scan - fingers crossed.
Congratulations, as I said before no one ever tells you about the pains and things other than morning sickness.
I can just about deal with sore boobs constantly and frequent urination but back pain and tummy cramps is horrid. As you can tell I am sure I am a huge worrier!
It's so nice to hear that others are in the same boat, especially as being this early I can't speak to anyone else yet really!!

JackGordonsMummy Fri 17-Jan-20 19:26:23

Sorry guys been working long shifts been sleeping as soon as my head hits the pillow!

@hermionelodge not long to go till your scan now I really hope it brings you some peace of mind and you can get to enjoy your pregnancy without too much anxiety. Please let us know how you get on. I know lots of woman at the baby group I went to with DS and at my work who had next to no symptoms so don't worry too much about that! I'm just one of the unlucky ones who gets sick! All be it I'm not half as bad as I was 1st time!

@Mummy2be20 Congratulations on your BFP I agree about booking an early private scan. I went at 8 weeks because I had soo much anxiety even though it's my 2nd pregnancy and I had a healthy one last time it's just such a scary time. I am 13 + 1 today and am still getting pains but the GP says it's just round ligament pain and I've been lucky enough not to have had any bleeding this time but I did have a bit of spotting in my first pregnancy and DS is a big healthy 2 year old now! O think the internet has a lot to answer for anytime you check misscarrage always comes up and it sticks in your head. I guess yours ago woman didn't have that problem because they couldn't google their symptoms. I hope you feel better soon. X

Mummy2be20 Fri 17-Jan-20 19:04:01

@hermionelodge thank you!!
I can't stop worrying, seems very common. I have horrible back ache today and pains that feel like period pains. I'm sure it's just stretching and things but dr is checking for a UTI just to be sure!! No one warns you of these awful early symptoms!!!!

I have a week Monday to wait for my midwife appointment and I'm hoping that it will all be ok until them. I don't want to be a nuisance to them!!

I think I will look in to early scans or even speak to the dr. I don't know why I have ectopic pregnancy stuck in my head!!!! I can't wait to have clarification just to put my mind at slight ease!!

hermionelodge Fri 17-Jan-20 16:51:08

Congratulations @Mummy2be20. From my experience, the pains are normal. I've had cramps most of the time and stabby pains and twinges. Also had back ache quite early on which then disappeared and came back with a vengeance at 10 weeks!

The anxiety is awful. I've been a wreck since I found out. I haven't allowed myself to get excited or talk too much about the future with my partner. I have my 12 week scan on Tuesday, I should actually be 13 weeks then, and I'm hoping I can then relax a bit and enjoy it.

I hope everything goes well for you, try not too stress too much. And I would also recommend a private scan just to put your mind at ease.

Mummy2be20 Fri 17-Jan-20 14:28:51

Thank you for your response @pottypotamus !!
It's so hard not to google everything as I'm sure your aware. I also had a miscarriage, exactly this time last year!! (I didn't know I was pregnant until I did a test and it was too late)

I may have to have a look at the early scan options, I have a midwife appointment in a week on Monday as they are trying to get my first two appointments done before I go away the second week in feb so I may ask about an early scan when I see her.

I hope these cramps and aches are normal? I constantly check for blood every time I go to the loo which seems to be a very common thing to do early on. My cramps are low down and my tummy hasn't felt right in a couple of weeks. Like I said before,every niggle, cramp, ache or twinge panics me. Breasts are so so sore and I can not stop weeing!! Nightmare and it's so early on haha.

pottypotamus Fri 17-Jan-20 13:00:40

Hello @Mummy2be20
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I know exactly how you feel. I am now 13 weeks but because of previous mc I've been extremely nervous straight after getting a positive test!

Just take each day at a time and try not to google too much. Easier said than done I know. Also if you can find an affordable one around you, maybe book an early reassurance scan for piece of mind.

Mummy2be20 Fri 17-Jan-20 12:00:00

Hi everyone,
I found out last weekend that after over 2 years of trying to conceive our first baby and we have finally done it yay.
Although I am now a nervous wreck. I am about 6 weeks pregnant and have lots of signs and symptoms already which I was shocked about!!
I have a lot of tummy ache and back ache and and lower tummy pain. I done some research and most sites say it’s normal but some obviously point out other factors such as ectopic pregnancy etc. I am so worried about this and am finding it hard to be happy when I constantly worry at every ache, cramp or pinch!!
The dr said unless I’m bent over in agony or bleeding then not to worry but I just can’t help my self.
Any advice, help or reassurance would be greatly appreciated

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 17-Jan-20 04:21:42

@JackGordonsMummy 26th July x

I'm awake with bellyache and nausea, feels like more trapped wind 🙄

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »