Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

been recalled because of blood tests, do I need to panic?

(10 Posts)
scruffymomma Mon 20-Aug-07 16:56:59

Hi there,

Just called up to get the results of my booking in bloods which were taken at 7 weeks.

Results were delayed for ages and I've been told I need to see the doc for a routine to discuss the results. Is this normal? anyone know what kind of thing I might be called back for? I know my blood type is ok?

Any suggestions would be great, I've been properly freaked out!!

Cazzybaby Mon 20-Aug-07 17:21:09

It could be something really strait forward like your not immune to rubella??

Greensleeves Mon 20-Aug-07 17:22:31

Maybe you're a bit anaemic and need some iron tablets, that's very common in pregnancy?

scruffymomma Mon 20-Aug-07 17:26:35

yes that's good positive thinking - I was really spun out by that, why can't they just tell you on the phone?!

Cazzybaby Mon 20-Aug-07 17:30:40

I'd deffinatly not worry too much about it if it was anything serious they would have you in right away to see them xx

Naboo Mon 20-Aug-07 18:43:30

If it was serious, they may have called you, rather than you them, maybe? Just a positive thought. I hope you don't worry too much.

Peachy Mon 20-Aug-07 18:45:03

Hi, just to agree- if there was a problem they would have HUNTED you down (I have experience of this LOL), so it really is probably immunity or iron. Please don't worry too much

best wishes

sparklygothkat Mon 20-Aug-07 18:47:51

I had a GTT done last thursday and they called me today to say my levels are too high and they want to repeat it, if it was serious they would have contacted you.

BetsyBoop Mon 20-Aug-07 20:01:43

are you rhesus negative?

Just another thing where they'd want to talk to you about, but which isn't urgent.

If it was urgent they would have made it clear that you needed to come in TODAY or TOMORROW.

try not to worry too much

sazzybee Mon 20-Aug-07 20:54:01

Trust me - if they're worried, your GP will call you. I had her calling me on my mobile because of suspected obstetric cholestatis. It's probably because they want more bloods for some reason - possibly there was an error or your iron's a bit low as someone else said.

Please don't worry - won't do your BP any good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now