Talk

Advanced search

Something horrible happened last night....

(13 Posts)
bluebell82 Mon 20-Aug-07 12:27:07

This is a good thing because I know they are starting to work, but I was lying in bed with my dh having a sunday nigth chat when I look down and found that my boobies were leaking clear fluid, had the fright of my life, definitely them because when inspected the fluid was defintely coming out of the nip area. I am 18 weeks anyone ele had this???

beansprout Mon 20-Aug-07 12:29:04

Just sounds like your body gearing up to make milk. This process starts in the 2nd trimester.

scorpio1 Mon 20-Aug-07 12:29:34

its normal!

bluebell82 Mon 20-Aug-07 12:30:02

I thought so but a bit of warning in the old preggo books would have been good, my husband nearly had a heart attack, he is a bit funny about all stuff leaky and I saw him slightly cringing.. terrible

callmeovercautious Mon 20-Aug-07 12:30:35

Sounds like you may need a mattress protecter - mine is trashed because I didn't think about it and when I changed the sheets there were lots of little puddle marks!

Biglips Mon 20-Aug-07 12:31:35

my friend throughout her whole 9 months milk were leaking and even after she had her baby - she bottlefed her baby - it was still leaking about 5-6 weeks later.

mine never leaked but after i had my baby it leaked if it was touched (i breastfed for 2 struggling days)

scorpio1 Mon 20-Aug-07 12:32:12

get some breast pads and a comfy sleep bra

bluebell82 Mon 20-Aug-07 12:32:39

good thinking will definitely do that.. had to start wearing tena lady too because ever time I laugh , cough, sneeze I let out a little wee, I am 25 for god sake I feel like my mother!

mixedmama Mon 20-Aug-07 12:57:45

Bluebell - sounds like my life. I get that little bit of wee thing too... still being sick at 20 weeks and get it when i heave as well... not nice.

Re: boobs... yep getting a little. Not noticeable tho, only noticed as I was getting in the bath and saw and if i squeeze more comes out....not that I make a habit of that tho

Naetha Mon 20-Aug-07 12:58:46

My boobs have been leaking for about 5 weeks now (I'm 21 weeks). For some reason DH is fine with it, while I find it really quite disturbing, I know its natural and all that, but its still a bit terrifying! One thing that does worry me though, is that my left boob leaks a LOT more than my right - 90% of the time nothing comes out of my right. Do you think this could indicate a problem later on after I give birth?

mixedmama Mon 20-Aug-07 13:03:06

i doubt it Naetha. My left boob is the only one leaking at the moment, nothing at all from the right, but trust me once the baby is here... you wont be able to stop it. I was much the same with my first pregnancy. It is all just working away slowly to make everything ready.

bluebell82 Mon 20-Aug-07 16:01:08

I don't think it makes a lot of difference if one boob is more over active! One of my bobs has grown bigger and has more veins on it, I don't think we are met to be symetrical- that's what I ma telling myself!

mixedmama Mon 20-Aug-07 16:05:11

Bluebell - that is true. My left side from feet up is bigger... not noticeably so tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now