Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Ring and Thread- Predicting Gender

(8 Posts)
dkay Sun 19-Aug-07 15:59:47

Hi Girls,
Thought I'ld start this new thread up to see if the ring and thread method of predicting the gender was true. So come on girls, all of you who already know the gender of your little ones, do this and see if it is the same.
(circle=girl, straight line=boy)

Tigi Sun 19-Aug-07 16:24:08

spot on for me.........I have 3 boys - holding the ring over hand until it stops (last child) - remember that 'lost' ones count too.

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Sun 19-Aug-07 16:28:06

Gemy Sun 19-Aug-07 16:29:42

I had this done by my friend and it predicted 3 girls for me. So, far, I have girl number 1 already and am currently pregnant with girl no2!!

My friend who did the predicting has not been wrong (yet)

Mrswizz Mon 20-Aug-07 10:47:59

It worked for me, am having a boy.

mumstheword12 Thu 23-Aug-07 11:36:26

Never done ring & thread but my family believes in needle and thread- same idea. It has never been wrong in 4 generations. It even picks up the twin my mother lost and twins my cousin lost. Mine showed girl boy girl when I was 14 years old. years later I have got a girl, boy and am expecting now with a girl. Even made biggest sceptic (my husband) a believer.

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Aug-07 11:38:51

how does this work for past and future pregnancies then?

have heard of it over a bump before but only to predict current pregancy

JodieG1 Thu 23-Aug-07 11:42:36

Didn't work for me and I don't believe in it either. Just pure coincidence.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: