Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant Women's Moan Thread

(154 Posts)
Taibhse Sun 03-Nov-19 21:05:09

Thought I'd start a thread to unload all of our general moans, be they rational or totally and utterly irrational grin

I'll go first.

30 weeks now and more than ready for the next 10 weeks to be over. Suffering with PGP which means that if I move around too much I'm fucked, and interestingly, if I don't move around enough I'm equally fucked. For added irony, the line between the 2 is very slim hmm

My iron is borderline and I'm also exhausted after being at home all week with 3dcs who were on half term, so have a pile of work to catch up on (I'm freelance and normally work while they're at school). Oh and we have been renovating for the last few weeks, and thankfully have finished now but the house is a shit tip because of it and it's stressing me out because I can't launch into the cleaning too hard with the PGP.

Icing on the cake is that for the last few days, whatever position the baby is in, every movement feels like I'm being bloody jabbed sharply in the ribs/side by an MMA fighter. And don't even start me on the fanny daggers hmm

Phew! Feel a bit lighter now grin Come and sympathise/commiserate/share your woes with me!

Taibhse Wed 01-Jan-20 21:18:14

Need a proper whinge. Almost 39 weeks now and having a sudden attack of the 'can't copes' 🙈 my 3 dcs are all unwell at the moment and are cabin feverish due to being out of their school routines. I'm afraid of catching whatever they have, and possibly passing it on to the baby when he arrives.

Plus dh has decided that now is the time to do a shit ton of painting and decorating that he's been ignoring for the last 2/3 years so I'm freaking out about coming home to a building site (which is ridiculous because thankfully, DH is a goodun and always finishes any job tidily).

So I've been doing loads of stupid irrational panicking and basically feel overwhelmed and like I just can't cope. Which is ridiculous because I know I can cope just fine and it's just one of those end of pregnancy things hmm

Thank goodness I'm scheduled for CS in the coming days, though I'm still holding out dwindling hope for a spontaneous vbac 🤞

Taibhse Tue 10-Dec-19 11:56:56

How has everyone been doing? I've had a tummy bug since the weekend and have managed to lose 2kg since the GP weighed me last week 😱 Have a consultant app tomorrow so will see what they say. Also have exams Thurs and Fri, Santa visit sat, and then I can get on with panic buying the last few bits for Xmas. I'm normally done and dusted by now but so much going on this year! Also, need to buy a new car seat and buggy for the new arrival and haven't even started looking yet 🙈

SleepingStandingUp Sat 07-Dec-19 01:13:09

Oh no overnights here unless baby is out but it does make sense to book in the night before rather than 7 am like here

LHMB Fri 06-Dec-19 21:13:32

I've got to go in tomorrow for monitoring, then Wednesday for pre op and more monitoring, then Thursday for steroid injections. They haven't said if I will have to stay Thurs night but I probably will, I'll ask them on wed.

SleepingStandingUp Fri 06-Dec-19 17:22:35

What's your monitoring like LHMB and hwo lomf you expecting to be in?
BP was a little high after scan yesterday, and had steroids too then back in today for second steroid and BP check, back Tues for BP check and pre op Thurs for se ruin Friday!! If I hadn't got a child at home I'd suggest moving in 😂😂. Mw said one or two nights in

LHMB Fri 06-Dec-19 16:53:53

Thanks Taibhse it's hard to believe this time next week the baby will be here. Not looking forward to the stay in hospital though, hospitals make me very anxious

Taibhse Fri 06-Dec-19 15:57:59

Ooh good luck with your section LHMB only a week to go now grin Mine is booked for 4 weeks today 🙈 Hoping to go naturally before that but we'll see.

Pmsl @ pistachio fanny titno, I know exactly what you mean 😂

Sleeping that's genius! I've been grabbing the headboard to haul my whale of a body over for a few months now and DH is convinced I'm going to break it. Will have to start wearing leggings to bed grin

SleepingStandingUp Thu 05-Dec-19 22:46:52

I amused the sonographer today. Lying in my back and she wanted me in my side so my left hand grabbed the right side of my leggings and hauled. It works and is the only reasonable way to do it imo but she was very bemused

titnomatani Thu 05-Dec-19 21:44:30

7 weeks to go and I'm done with feeling like a heffalump- I can't even wipe myself properly after using the loo sad feel your pain (literally) about the PGP @OP- turning sides in bed and getting up after sitting down for a bit is hell. I feel like I have 'pistachio fanny' that'll crack if I move too fast!

LHMB Thu 05-Dec-19 21:31:38

SleepingStandingUp wow that is an achievement lol at this stage. Mine is still transverse, head on right, buttocks at bottom like the standard breech and feet now on right, up under my ribs. Quite an awkward position this baby has got into! Still got c section booked for next Friday. They want me to go in on Saturday to monitor the baby, they keep saying about the size and that it's very small, but they didn't estimate the weight this time, last week it was 5 ibs 4. Gave us a pic, most people have been saying they think it's a girl for months, now they've changed their minds and reckon boy

SleepingStandingUp Thu 05-Dec-19 18:25:47

@LHMBhow was your scan?
T2 is now traverse, an achievement at 35 weeks 😂😂 and babies are 5lb 13 and 6 lb 2

theghostofmargerykempe Thu 05-Dec-19 18:10:25

Thanks @Taibhse! Doesn't look like it's going to happen naturally at all (midwife attempted sweep yesterday and cervix was not even reachable yet) so am bracing myself and will definitely be asking for the epidural at the beginning of the drip stage if not before.

@YorkshirePud1 I found that tiredness/muscle strain etc was at its worst around the 16-20 week mark; I seem to have eventually developed the muscles in my legs and back to accommodate and feel much less sore even now (at 41+3). I really hope it's the same for you and that you're feeling better soon.

LHMB Tue 03-Dec-19 22:50:02

Thanks SleepingStandingUp good luck with yours too

SleepingStandingUp Tue 03-Dec-19 22:38:48

Good luck with your scan LHMB, mine is Thursday. Both head down and think they'll stay but having a C Sec regardless

LHMB Tue 03-Dec-19 21:55:57

Thank you. They decided last Wednesday, I have another scan tomorrow. I think that's why it's so uncomfortable, cos of the position of the baby. You should still have time for the baby to turn, they told me most do by 36 weeks but after that it's rare. That's exactly how it feels, like your lungs are squashed, and the acid reflux and heartburn are awful too

hazandduck Tue 03-Dec-19 21:19:44

Ah all the best for your c section! My baby is transverse too, well it was at the last check with the midwife and I still can feel it’s head in my ribs! When was it decided that you’d have the section? I’m wondering how long this little one has to shift. Maybe that’s why it feels this uncomfortable for us? I literally feel like the breath is being squashed out of me sometimes!

LHMB Tue 03-Dec-19 20:44:14

hazandduck I'm 38 weeks on Sunday, due date is 22nd but I've been booked for a c section next Friday as baby is transverse. That's exactly how it feels, impossible to get comfortable, I'll have to try that, thanks.
BadMomma81 it's horrible isn't it

BadMomma81 Tue 03-Dec-19 19:26:04

I've resorted to a small pillow at the bottom of my bump so literally under the babies heads 😂😂
Some nights I have to sleep more propped up as I can't breathe, so totally feel you

hazandduck Tue 03-Dec-19 17:50:40

@LHMB how long do you have left? I’m 31 weeks on Thursday and feel exactly like that. It’s horrible like I’ve pulled every muscle in my abdomen! I find sleeping almost upright on my side helps a bit.

hazandduck Tue 03-Dec-19 17:49:49

@HL123 what on earth is wrong with people. If anything people should be more sensitive to pregnant women who are going through so many changes, but no it seems to be a licence to question your body size, shape, weight, oh and yep your sex life!

LHMB Tue 03-Dec-19 14:22:05

I have, it doesn't seem to help unfortunately, I'm breathless and uncomfortable constantly

BadMomma81 Tue 03-Dec-19 13:16:54

Have you tried a support pillow LHMB?

LHMB Tue 03-Dec-19 12:42:03

I can't remember the last time I had a full night's sleep, I'm lucky to get 3 hours. My bump constantly feels as though I have a pulled muscle and the worst stitch ever, and it literally hurts to lie down

YorkshirePud1 Mon 02-Dec-19 22:03:58

@HL123 The cheek of some people! shock I think some people reckon they have free rein to say what they want when you're pregnant. I hope you called them out on being so rude.

I'm 16 weeks today and was lead to believe I'd be feeling more normal by now - hmmm. Still so exhausted and waiting for that second trimester glow. My other issue now is 20 week-scan anxiety. I keep googling things and worrying which I know I shouldn't but I'm my own worst enemy I think.

HL123 Mon 02-Dec-19 21:40:41

I've had constant nausea (other than when I'm sleeping..) since around 5 weeks. Now 11+5 and it's still here, I really just want to be able to enjoy food again and not pray for the day to be over so I can sleep and not feel unwell. I'm also the moodiest person ever, my road rage is intense confused Been the longest 6 weeks ever.
Also just starting to tell a few people about the pregnancy, like some colleagues - I'm not in a relationship and the nosiness of people is unreal! 'Was it from a one night stand?' 'Have you known the dad for long?'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »