Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant Women's Moan Thread

(154 Posts)
Taibhse Sun 03-Nov-19 21:05:09

Thought I'd start a thread to unload all of our general moans, be they rational or totally and utterly irrational grin

I'll go first.

30 weeks now and more than ready for the next 10 weeks to be over. Suffering with PGP which means that if I move around too much I'm fucked, and interestingly, if I don't move around enough I'm equally fucked. For added irony, the line between the 2 is very slim hmm

My iron is borderline and I'm also exhausted after being at home all week with 3dcs who were on half term, so have a pile of work to catch up on (I'm freelance and normally work while they're at school). Oh and we have been renovating for the last few weeks, and thankfully have finished now but the house is a shit tip because of it and it's stressing me out because I can't launch into the cleaning too hard with the PGP.

Icing on the cake is that for the last few days, whatever position the baby is in, every movement feels like I'm being bloody jabbed sharply in the ribs/side by an MMA fighter. And don't even start me on the fanny daggers hmm

Phew! Feel a bit lighter now grin Come and sympathise/commiserate/share your woes with me!

Lizzieee2727 Wed 06-Nov-19 14:03:19

30 weeks today and I think it's safe to say I'm suffering. I've got PGP/SPD and it feels like a sledgehammer to the foof... If I sit for too long it hurts, if I stand it hurts, walk it hurts and on and on... I've had a growth scan (high risk pregnancy) and estimated weight at 29 weeks was 3lb 9 so now scared I'll have a chunk. I'm only 5ft and looking like the Fat Controller already!

leomama81 Wed 06-Nov-19 21:21:36

Yep mine was about that then @Lizzieee2727, been tested twice for GD but don't have it, at my 36 week scan las week he was estimated 7lb 2 already! Mind you so many people have told me their growth scans have been way way off.

I can barely move, my back/pelvis are agony and after a week of longed for maternity leave I am now really quite bored! Keep having false labour contractions (checked out already) that don't go anywhere, I'm really torn between wanting him to come early and also wanting to make it to my ELCS date in 2.5 weeks as I'm quite stressed about going into labour and having to wait for a theatre. Aaagh!!

DaisyMay25 Wed 06-Nov-19 21:29:53

32 weeks today and done with it. It's destroyed my mental health to the point I'm pretty much house bound! The waking up for a wee, getting back into bed to lay on your side for baby to move and your bladder decides it needs emptying again! Also today I almost didn't manage putting socks on, it's too cold for flip flops!

LH1987 Wed 06-Nov-19 21:33:02

Hi all, I hope it’s okay that I join. I am sick of:

- feeling exhausted
- feeling nauseous
- having type 1 diabetes and worrying about every morsel of food I put in my mouth

Most importantly I really want a giant glass of wine!

rosewater20 Wed 06-Nov-19 21:38:10

I am 11 + 4 weeks. I second the unsatisfactory wee. I wasn't expecting it until much later in my pregnancy but needing a wee has become a full-time job, and I am now dreading nighttime because I know it will be a series of me waking up every hour needing a wee and then not much coming out. Sleeping at night, in general, has just become a nightmare: the weeing, pregnancy congestion, restless legs. I am desperate for a good nights sleep.

The anxiety too. I complain about my symptoms (food aversion, feeling sick, no sleep), and then if my symptoms subside for a day or even an hour, I worry that something is wrong with the baby.

The constant "helpful advice" from friends. One friend keeps insisting on telling me how my body is going to be destroyed, and how I will never look good again. I can't decide if this is her projection about her body insecurities or if I should prepare myself for my body being completely ruined.

Turt Wed 06-Nov-19 22:02:03

25 weeks and bored of getting up 3-4 times in the night for a wee, not being allowed to sleep on the back and now I'm unable to shave my bloody legs. Thank god it's winter grin

Wubbawubba Thu 07-Nov-19 06:58:59

Can I moan? sad

35 weeks today and fed up. After the nausea subsiding around 24 weeks I thought it was done with but it's back with a vengeance - came to a head last night when I resigned myself to sleeping next to a bin. Can't get comfy in bed, baby is still breech with head under my ribs so I can't sit up or eat comfortably. I don't know if her butt is on my bladder but I keep feeling like I need to wee so much it hurts then when I do it's a tiny trickle... then the same thing literally minutes later. Braxton hicks on and off all night every night now, like awful period pains in lower belly, back and thighs. And every fecker telling me "sleep before the baby comes" ohhh ok then hmm

I just want to hold my baby and eat pate now. sad

Aneley Thu 07-Nov-19 07:56:12

33+6 today. PGP, backache, swelling (I swear to God my nose doubled in size), peeing what feels every 3 minutes, heartburn, stretch marks that literally popped out overnight in spite of all the expensive creams and oils... I'm just holding onto dear life and counting the weeks until I meet this little miracle of ours.

PushkinTheCat Thu 07-Nov-19 08:50:43

Can I join in? 31 weeks today. Nausea until 28 weeks (and still now if I don’t eat the instant I feel hungry, or eat too much in one go). PGP from 19/20 weeks. Now got a stinking cold. Between that, my bladder and my pelvis, I’m not getting much sleep at all. Oh, and the weird dreams. Did I mention the dreams?

I also seem to be carrying Fred Astaire as the movements are something else and when he’s not tap dancing at my bladder, it feels as though he’s trying to flip sideways, which really hurts.

I just want to not be in pain and feeling permanently ill! Really envy those women who appear to have strap-on bumps - my DSis was still going to the gym and getting her bikini line waxed at this stage.hmm

1300cakes Thu 07-Nov-19 23:13:37

I need this thread, in fact I could fill it up myself with 1000 posts of just my moaning.

I'm 27 weeks and it's so hard to sleep. If I do sleep somehow I have weird and very disturbing dreams. Constant bathroom visits. I feel massive and uncomfortable. I've already put on 10kg which was the maximum I was supposed to gain for the whole pregnancy, and I'm only 1 day in to the third tri.

I'm not even suffering that much compared to others or myself in my last pregnancy as I was extremely sick, this time haven't been very sick. But I'm still fed up! Thank god I'm booked for a cs as I'm clearly way to mentally weak to go through labour.

Taibhse Fri 08-Nov-19 10:36:09

Sympathies to all of you ladies flowers

I've had enough of waking in the middle of the night. I go to bed exhausted, can't seem to stay awake past 1030pm, but come 3am my eyes fly wide open and I'm left there tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. Which of course only happens about an hour before it's time to wake up again hmm

Oh plus my bump is so big now that I have a blind spot in front of me when I walk and 3yo DD keeps running under it almost tripping me up hmm

Taibhse Wed 13-Nov-19 10:26:10

How has everyone else been? I've been sleeping better the last week but my SPD has gotten way worse and by evening I can hardly walk hmm Maternity physio have agreed to see me as an emergency for 10 minutes today just to fit me for crutches (no other treatment as they are chockablock). Have seen an osteo but got no relief. Need to look into acupuncture I think. The thought of another 8 weeks of this makes me want to scream sad

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 10:30:21

31+5, my bum hurts. How is pregnancy making my bum hurt??
Also have pgp / spd so the line between the pain if i sit still or the pain if i move too much is very thin.

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 11:00:42

OKay can I join purely to moan? I have started my own thread about feeling hormonal.

I feel hormonal as hell, i am 12 weeks now and honestly thought the mood swings would have settled by now. I got so cross last night I broke a lunchbox by banging it on the worktop blush

Am not sleeping brilliantly as an old lower back injury is flaring up. It is better if I keep exercising, but by the time i am home from work, I don;t want to go out to gym! Its worse as its dark at 4:30....

Pls tell me the moodiness will go soon!

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 11:03:05

@SleepingStandingUp I am sorry I have no idea why your bum hurts!!
Could you get your OH to massage it?!

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 11:14:37

32 weeks pregnant with twins, I wouldn't want to get his hopes up 😂😂😂😂😂 I think one babu must be lying head backwards

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 11:27:09

ahh well that could be a possibilty! how many weeks have you got left? Do you get induced early or have electice c-section?

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 11:48:45

I'm booked in for planned C Sec at 36+1 a month today!!

Missmonkeypenny Wed 13-Nov-19 12:03:32

Oh I’d like to join please!

32 weeks today, growing an absolute whopper of a baby and I also have Polyhydramnios (excessive fluid). I can’t put my shoes on or sit down without struggling to breathe. Out the windows goes my nice water birth and midwife led unit, in comes bi weekly growth scans and consultant appointments and discussions about ‘when to get baby out’ because I’m at high risk of shoulder disctocia and cord prolapse... finishing work this week 4 weeks early on consultant advice. House isn’t going to be finished being built until 21st December - something I told the midwife yesterday and she said ‘oh, well I think you’ll have had a baby by then...’

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 12:28:51

@SleepingStandingUp the end is nearly here then! But I bet it will drag for you... how exciting though!!

smartcarnotsosmartdriver Wed 13-Nov-19 12:42:16

Can I join please. 38 weeks, baby is a huge chunk, last week measured at almost 10lbs. I've had PGP from week 10. Been using crutches for months. Went to Ikea yesterday and had to use a wheelchair. I haven't slept for longer than 2 hours in months.
Midwife and consultant say there's no point in early induction for a big baby but I'm terrified of him getting stuck so I've opted for a c-section and I've never had surgery so I'm freaking out about that.

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 14:33:51

@flissity Tbh it's my last pregnancy, foreshortened by at least 4 weeks so really hoping it drags, if that makes sense. I'm sad to think I'll never carry life in me again after this

HiyaVera Wed 13-Nov-19 14:37:11

34 weeks, loaded with a cold after steroid injections last week and can't take anything decent to help it.
Can't breathe, can't walk properly, can't lie down comfortably and to top it off I've developed a lovely rash across my stomach this morning that's stinging like crazy.
Joy gringringrin

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 16:33:29

@SleepingStandingUp I expect it’s my last too.... probably. It’s my third.

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 16:34:13

Yes that makes sense. My last 2 were 10 and 11 days late!! I wonder what this one will have in store for me

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »