Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant Women's Moan Thread

(154 Posts)
Taibhse Sun 03-Nov-19 21:05:09

Thought I'd start a thread to unload all of our general moans, be they rational or totally and utterly irrational grin

I'll go first.

30 weeks now and more than ready for the next 10 weeks to be over. Suffering with PGP which means that if I move around too much I'm fucked, and interestingly, if I don't move around enough I'm equally fucked. For added irony, the line between the 2 is very slim hmm

My iron is borderline and I'm also exhausted after being at home all week with 3dcs who were on half term, so have a pile of work to catch up on (I'm freelance and normally work while they're at school). Oh and we have been renovating for the last few weeks, and thankfully have finished now but the house is a shit tip because of it and it's stressing me out because I can't launch into the cleaning too hard with the PGP.

Icing on the cake is that for the last few days, whatever position the baby is in, every movement feels like I'm being bloody jabbed sharply in the ribs/side by an MMA fighter. And don't even start me on the fanny daggers hmm

Phew! Feel a bit lighter now grin Come and sympathise/commiserate/share your woes with me!

Peony99 Sun 03-Nov-19 21:36:04

31 weeks and very, very ready to stop peeing 4 times a night.

Also ready to throttle the next people who tell me 'it's good training for when the little one keeps you awake'.

Bol87 Sun 03-Nov-19 22:09:20

I’m 20 weeks & frankly I was done with pregnancy at about 12 weeks confused I’ve had Hyperemesis & it’s just bloody miserable! Coupled with quite severe anaemia at this stage. The sickness is well controlled now on meds thankfully but the nausea very much isn’t. I’m SO fed up of feeling sick & hating food. I constantly have a bad taste in my mouth and all food has a weird lingering after taste. I long to look forwards to a meal rather than forcing something down because if I don’t, I’ll feel more sick! And the anaemia leaves me like a useless sack of potatoes, trying desperately to be a fun mum to my toddler while mostly barely having the energy to get off the sofa!

I long to feel myself again.. just 20 weeks to go 😩

On the positive, I’m never doing this again, so I’m getting through it knowing I will never do it again. I’ll be using triple protection! And feeling baby wriggle around now is nice smile

nataliemum25 Sun 03-Nov-19 22:31:57

32 weeks and I'm so fed up, braxton hicks need to pee, achy bump, I'm done just want it to be over now

30somethingandtired Sun 03-Nov-19 22:47:56

Only 7weeks....
I'm tired, breathless, and my nipples hurt 😔

bananaontoast1 Mon 04-Nov-19 07:57:11

Almost 39 weeks, full of cold with a horrific cough, sleeping about 3 broken hours a night, PGP, still have terrible heartburn... I know the end is in sight but baby seems very comfy in there and honestly at 3 am coughing my guts up being so late on is absolutely no consolation. sad

user1471549213 Mon 04-Nov-19 08:54:08

31 weeks here. Was doing ok, quite tired etc but fell over on Friday and broke my ankle so now I'm in pain, on crutches and unable to do anything. Crutches are tough going when your centre of gravity is already off. I've a 3 and a 4 yr old too who I now can't drive to school/creche so it's a bit of a cluster fuck right now!

Justasconfusedwithnumber2 Mon 04-Nov-19 09:41:32

Struth @user1471549213 that sounds awful. I hope you are OK?

I am 29+5 and royally fed up. First pregnancy was a breeeeze. This one the complete opposite. Signed off work atm so do have chance to rest 3 days a week but health means I can do very little. The other 4 days I just feel like a shit mum to my 2 year old as I can't keep up. He's also started waking at 5am so we are both generally tired and ratty all the time. I'm relying far too much on cbeebies to survive which makes the mum guilt worse. I am expecting to be in for c section at 39 weeks so am praying the next 9 weeks go quickly..

MummyBear405 Mon 04-Nov-19 11:53:57

@Taibhse brilliant idea for a thread! Sorry to hear you're having such a crappy time especially with PGP!

I'm 28 weeks and I have type 1 diabetes. Last week was pretty stressful after a stomach bug turned into a 2 day hospital stay! Pleased to report baby is happy and healthy and I am on the mend but back at work today sad. My biggest pregnancy bug bear at the moment is heartburn, I've never experienced it until I became pregnant and omg it's a bitch isn't it?? Also why does Gavison taste soooo bad??

VesperLindt Mon 04-Nov-19 12:23:12

PEEING - why does nobody tell you how unsatisfactory it is when you're properly pregnant? You feel like you're desperate for one then you finally lug your gigantic body to the loo and release and it's just a tiny pathetic sad dribble that stinks. Just me?!

MummyBear405 Mon 04-Nov-19 13:41:12

@VesperLindt totally hear you on this one! Especially in the night as it's getting harder and harder to haul myself out of bed for what I know will be a disappointing wee but I can't sleep because I'm aware that I do need to wee angry - how far along are you?

Taibhse Mon 04-Nov-19 15:13:33

vesper yy! Not just the fact that it's a dribble either, it's the fact that it doesn't bring total relief and you know you'll be back in there again in an hour. I miss the relief of a good wee 😂 blush

User yikes sounds stressful and painful sad Hope you have help on hand. How will you manage in labour with the cast?

Sorry the rest of you ladies are suffering too flowers

Girlsmummy30 Mon 04-Nov-19 15:21:19

40 weeks tomorrow and have a stomach bug from yesterday! Throwing up. Feeling rotten and running to toilet constantly.

OhDearEthel Mon 04-Nov-19 15:26:31

32+3
Yes to the unsatisfactory peeing, also constipation, PGP and my walk is distinctly a waddle

OhDearEthel Mon 04-Nov-19 15:27:07

And bloody annoying GD, which means restricted diet and lots of needles

PrinnyPree Mon 04-Nov-19 15:31:03

11 weeks and sick as a dog, had to call in sick today as I'm so nauseous and constantly in the bathroom, looking forward to the second trimester. I really hope it's easier. Also I need maternity clothes already blush

leomama81 Mon 04-Nov-19 16:12:21

Also ready to throttle the next people who tell me 'it's good training for when the little one keeps you awake'.

Ugh I know. Or "you think you're tired now, just you wait". I mean maybe but not bloody helpful! And at least I will be physically able to move then!

VesperLindt Tue 05-Nov-19 14:14:20

@MummyBear405 31+4! Can't stand another 8 weeks of this dissatisfying weeing bullshit.

@leomama81uggggghhhh yes this too. SO annoying.

Taibhse Tue 05-Nov-19 15:12:40

Yy I remember when I was expecting dc1 and my brother kept harping on and bloody on 'you'll never sleep again', 'you'll never be able to do xyz again', 'you'll have to move all those ornaments'. Eh, yes I did/was/didn't you twat!

Not to mention the people who Iove regaling you with the most gory version of their horrific labour and parenthood stories. Thankfully, I am well wise to them now so just nod/smile or else tell them to fuck off depending on my mood hmm

WhenTwoBecomeThree Tue 05-Nov-19 15:20:08

36+1, a week and a half left to go at work and suffering with PGP, I am well and truly done! Get this baby out of me!

annienone Tue 05-Nov-19 15:31:09

39+3 today and OVER IT!! Cleaned the kitchen and changed the bedding. Feel worse for it 🙃 DP changed his job at work so he's not all over the country, which meant changing his hours, which means I'm alone until 10pm... almost seems reasonable that he was the other end of the country but home at 3pm. CANNOT WIN. But there is a light at the end of the very long tunnel....

Constantlurker Tue 05-Nov-19 16:15:34

I just found out today that I'm pregnant with #2, which is stupid because we've been trying for a while and I was idiotically wondering why I am feeling like absolute shit and so tired and categorically want to punch everyone I see right in the face. I am completely overjoyed, just also have that feeling of ABSOLUTE EPIC RAGE. Gotta love the hormones!!

Jsnb9319 Tue 05-Nov-19 16:23:07

Add to the unsatisfactory toilet trips the number of bump covering layers and clothing to be removed for said unsatisfactory pee!

The back and pelvis pain, coupled with feeling like an absolute whale so unable to roll over in bed!

sprite25 Tue 05-Nov-19 20:16:26

Can i please jump in for a moan? Only 20 weeks but I'm so done with being huge, peeing myself everytime I sneeze, having back/hip ache, insomnia despite feeling sooo tired. Having to move or do stuff (2 other DCs) when I just want to fester on the sofa. The hunger which is then usually followed by heartburn when I've eaten. I'm sure there's more (I don't like pregnancy in general) but I'd be here all bloody night 😂

Lumosknox Wed 06-Nov-19 01:01:28

39+3 here and can't sleep. I was really looking forward to being pregnant and have not found it very fun at all! Awful sickness at the start, PGP kicked in just as I was feeling well enough to be more active and now at this end bit the list is endless (sciatica, annoying wees, hip pain, still constant heartburn, I've quadrupled in weight). 'Fanny daggers' had me laughing out loud - they bloody hurt! Also willing this baby to come asap but at the same time don't want to go through labour so stuck in this weird limbo. The joys!

Lizzieee2727 Wed 06-Nov-19 14:03:19

30 weeks today and I think it's safe to say I'm suffering. I've got PGP/SPD and it feels like a sledgehammer to the foof... If I sit for too long it hurts, if I stand it hurts, walk it hurts and on and on... I've had a growth scan (high risk pregnancy) and estimated weight at 29 weeks was 3lb 9 so now scared I'll have a chunk. I'm only 5ft and looking like the Fat Controller already!

leomama81 Wed 06-Nov-19 21:21:36

Yep mine was about that then @Lizzieee2727, been tested twice for GD but don't have it, at my 36 week scan las week he was estimated 7lb 2 already! Mind you so many people have told me their growth scans have been way way off.

I can barely move, my back/pelvis are agony and after a week of longed for maternity leave I am now really quite bored! Keep having false labour contractions (checked out already) that don't go anywhere, I'm really torn between wanting him to come early and also wanting to make it to my ELCS date in 2.5 weeks as I'm quite stressed about going into labour and having to wait for a theatre. Aaagh!!

DaisyMay25 Wed 06-Nov-19 21:29:53

32 weeks today and done with it. It's destroyed my mental health to the point I'm pretty much house bound! The waking up for a wee, getting back into bed to lay on your side for baby to move and your bladder decides it needs emptying again! Also today I almost didn't manage putting socks on, it's too cold for flip flops!

LH1987 Wed 06-Nov-19 21:33:02

Hi all, I hope it’s okay that I join. I am sick of:

- feeling exhausted
- feeling nauseous
- having type 1 diabetes and worrying about every morsel of food I put in my mouth

Most importantly I really want a giant glass of wine!

rosewater20 Wed 06-Nov-19 21:38:10

I am 11 + 4 weeks. I second the unsatisfactory wee. I wasn't expecting it until much later in my pregnancy but needing a wee has become a full-time job, and I am now dreading nighttime because I know it will be a series of me waking up every hour needing a wee and then not much coming out. Sleeping at night, in general, has just become a nightmare: the weeing, pregnancy congestion, restless legs. I am desperate for a good nights sleep.

The anxiety too. I complain about my symptoms (food aversion, feeling sick, no sleep), and then if my symptoms subside for a day or even an hour, I worry that something is wrong with the baby.

The constant "helpful advice" from friends. One friend keeps insisting on telling me how my body is going to be destroyed, and how I will never look good again. I can't decide if this is her projection about her body insecurities or if I should prepare myself for my body being completely ruined.

Turt Wed 06-Nov-19 22:02:03

25 weeks and bored of getting up 3-4 times in the night for a wee, not being allowed to sleep on the back and now I'm unable to shave my bloody legs. Thank god it's winter grin

Wubbawubba Thu 07-Nov-19 06:58:59

Can I moan? sad

35 weeks today and fed up. After the nausea subsiding around 24 weeks I thought it was done with but it's back with a vengeance - came to a head last night when I resigned myself to sleeping next to a bin. Can't get comfy in bed, baby is still breech with head under my ribs so I can't sit up or eat comfortably. I don't know if her butt is on my bladder but I keep feeling like I need to wee so much it hurts then when I do it's a tiny trickle... then the same thing literally minutes later. Braxton hicks on and off all night every night now, like awful period pains in lower belly, back and thighs. And every fecker telling me "sleep before the baby comes" ohhh ok then hmm

I just want to hold my baby and eat pate now. sad

Aneley Thu 07-Nov-19 07:56:12

33+6 today. PGP, backache, swelling (I swear to God my nose doubled in size), peeing what feels every 3 minutes, heartburn, stretch marks that literally popped out overnight in spite of all the expensive creams and oils... I'm just holding onto dear life and counting the weeks until I meet this little miracle of ours.

PushkinTheCat Thu 07-Nov-19 08:50:43

Can I join in? 31 weeks today. Nausea until 28 weeks (and still now if I don’t eat the instant I feel hungry, or eat too much in one go). PGP from 19/20 weeks. Now got a stinking cold. Between that, my bladder and my pelvis, I’m not getting much sleep at all. Oh, and the weird dreams. Did I mention the dreams?

I also seem to be carrying Fred Astaire as the movements are something else and when he’s not tap dancing at my bladder, it feels as though he’s trying to flip sideways, which really hurts.

I just want to not be in pain and feeling permanently ill! Really envy those women who appear to have strap-on bumps - my DSis was still going to the gym and getting her bikini line waxed at this stage.hmm

1300cakes Thu 07-Nov-19 23:13:37

I need this thread, in fact I could fill it up myself with 1000 posts of just my moaning.

I'm 27 weeks and it's so hard to sleep. If I do sleep somehow I have weird and very disturbing dreams. Constant bathroom visits. I feel massive and uncomfortable. I've already put on 10kg which was the maximum I was supposed to gain for the whole pregnancy, and I'm only 1 day in to the third tri.

I'm not even suffering that much compared to others or myself in my last pregnancy as I was extremely sick, this time haven't been very sick. But I'm still fed up! Thank god I'm booked for a cs as I'm clearly way to mentally weak to go through labour.

Taibhse Fri 08-Nov-19 10:36:09

Sympathies to all of you ladies flowers

I've had enough of waking in the middle of the night. I go to bed exhausted, can't seem to stay awake past 1030pm, but come 3am my eyes fly wide open and I'm left there tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. Which of course only happens about an hour before it's time to wake up again hmm

Oh plus my bump is so big now that I have a blind spot in front of me when I walk and 3yo DD keeps running under it almost tripping me up hmm

Taibhse Wed 13-Nov-19 10:26:10

How has everyone else been? I've been sleeping better the last week but my SPD has gotten way worse and by evening I can hardly walk hmm Maternity physio have agreed to see me as an emergency for 10 minutes today just to fit me for crutches (no other treatment as they are chockablock). Have seen an osteo but got no relief. Need to look into acupuncture I think. The thought of another 8 weeks of this makes me want to scream sad

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 10:30:21

31+5, my bum hurts. How is pregnancy making my bum hurt??
Also have pgp / spd so the line between the pain if i sit still or the pain if i move too much is very thin.

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 11:00:42

OKay can I join purely to moan? I have started my own thread about feeling hormonal.

I feel hormonal as hell, i am 12 weeks now and honestly thought the mood swings would have settled by now. I got so cross last night I broke a lunchbox by banging it on the worktop blush

Am not sleeping brilliantly as an old lower back injury is flaring up. It is better if I keep exercising, but by the time i am home from work, I don;t want to go out to gym! Its worse as its dark at 4:30....

Pls tell me the moodiness will go soon!

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 11:03:05

@SleepingStandingUp I am sorry I have no idea why your bum hurts!!
Could you get your OH to massage it?!

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 11:14:37

32 weeks pregnant with twins, I wouldn't want to get his hopes up 😂😂😂😂😂 I think one babu must be lying head backwards

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 11:27:09

ahh well that could be a possibilty! how many weeks have you got left? Do you get induced early or have electice c-section?

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 11:48:45

I'm booked in for planned C Sec at 36+1 a month today!!

Missmonkeypenny Wed 13-Nov-19 12:03:32

Oh I’d like to join please!

32 weeks today, growing an absolute whopper of a baby and I also have Polyhydramnios (excessive fluid). I can’t put my shoes on or sit down without struggling to breathe. Out the windows goes my nice water birth and midwife led unit, in comes bi weekly growth scans and consultant appointments and discussions about ‘when to get baby out’ because I’m at high risk of shoulder disctocia and cord prolapse... finishing work this week 4 weeks early on consultant advice. House isn’t going to be finished being built until 21st December - something I told the midwife yesterday and she said ‘oh, well I think you’ll have had a baby by then...’

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 12:28:51

@SleepingStandingUp the end is nearly here then! But I bet it will drag for you... how exciting though!!

smartcarnotsosmartdriver Wed 13-Nov-19 12:42:16

Can I join please. 38 weeks, baby is a huge chunk, last week measured at almost 10lbs. I've had PGP from week 10. Been using crutches for months. Went to Ikea yesterday and had to use a wheelchair. I haven't slept for longer than 2 hours in months.
Midwife and consultant say there's no point in early induction for a big baby but I'm terrified of him getting stuck so I've opted for a c-section and I've never had surgery so I'm freaking out about that.

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 14:33:51

@flissity Tbh it's my last pregnancy, foreshortened by at least 4 weeks so really hoping it drags, if that makes sense. I'm sad to think I'll never carry life in me again after this

HiyaVera Wed 13-Nov-19 14:37:11

34 weeks, loaded with a cold after steroid injections last week and can't take anything decent to help it.
Can't breathe, can't walk properly, can't lie down comfortably and to top it off I've developed a lovely rash across my stomach this morning that's stinging like crazy.
Joy gringringrin

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 16:33:29

@SleepingStandingUp I expect it’s my last too.... probably. It’s my third.

flissity Wed 13-Nov-19 16:34:13

Yes that makes sense. My last 2 were 10 and 11 days late!! I wonder what this one will have in store for me

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Nov-19 17:40:20

I'm to oscared to try again for a 4th / a girl in case I get twins again, esp as I'd be 40

ReginaPhalangeee Wed 13-Nov-19 19:58:26

Can I join please? 38 weeks, carrying another massive baby, booked in for a section next week apparently but they haven't actually told me what date it's happening. At this point, I'd rather go into labour because I've reached the point where I can't actually walk anymore 🙄

flissity Thu 14-Nov-19 08:28:45

@SleepingStandingUp yes I can see that s a slight worry!! I have 2 girls. I have no idea what this one will be, tempting to find out but prob rather the surprise. I think the girls want it to be a girl...
this is prob alt my last. I’ll be 37

anitagreen Thu 14-Nov-19 12:19:18

Glad I'm not the only one tired of pregnancy now. I'm 32 weeks and can feel baby's dropped my bumps lower and the head feels like it's about to fall out my vagina any second it's so painful anyone else have this? I'm struggling to walk as it is burning me so much

Sajacas Thu 14-Nov-19 12:32:10

I am at 40, and feel like it is never going to end.
I haven't been able to eat a full meal for ages, I miss food!

PurplePuffinPicker Thu 14-Nov-19 15:10:45

My moan at 8 weeks is the nausea/STARVING cycle. There's no indication of when it will switch. If I'm lucky the starving phase kicks in to time with meals. But I'm due to start a new job soon and I'll be stuck to quite a rigid timetable so can only eat at certain times, no idea how I'll cope!

I can't remember it being this drastic last time!

Catarinah Thu 14-Nov-19 17:49:16

30 weeks tomorrow. Lack of sleep is crazy. Can't get comfortable. Weeing literally allllll the time. Oh and spider veins and rosacea on my face, very ugly.

Bronwynann Thu 14-Nov-19 21:42:08

Only 13 weeks and none of my clothes fit. In maternity gear already. I sleep and eat and go to work (where i sleep and eat more) and thats it. Feel like a giant sloth

fancytiles Thu 14-Nov-19 23:27:10

35 weeks and miserable with the pregnancy 😭 but can not wait to meet the little baby! I'm sure it will be worth it but I am so bored of feeling constantly tired but only being able to sleep during the day via naps. The weight gain is really getting to me. Grr.

OccasionalNachos Fri 15-Nov-19 04:55:55

Can’t sleep sad

Yawning my head off at 9:30 so went to bed. Snapped awake at 1:30. Still awake now.

30 weeks pregnant, so I’m just going to get bigger and less comfortable!

AliceAbsolum Fri 15-Nov-19 04:58:21

@occasionalnachos

Exactly the same! I'm only 5+1 confused

BeautyAndTheBump1 Fri 15-Nov-19 07:35:04

12 weeks, hyperemesis sufferer.

BeautyAndTheBump1 Fri 15-Nov-19 07:41:38

12 weeks, hyperemesis sufferer.
I am sick of my mouth filling with saliva every 5 seconds. I could fill a swimming pool.
I am sick of my stomach turning at the thought of anything and everything. Water? The taste now repulses me. Cant drink anything, I have to try something new and drink as much as I can before my body rejects it.
Yesterday was cherryade, today I could throw up just looking at the bottle.

I have ridiculous nausea all day & night, I am SO OVER feeling sick CONSTANTLY.

And then the sickness - I can cope with it most of the time but it's when its every 20 minutes that it gets to me.

Alongside working a full time job & having my own business that I do afterwards - I wish we wasnt so dependent on my wage to survive or I'd have thrown the towel in weeks ago.

Phew I feel slightly better now 😂

LHMB Fri 15-Nov-19 15:09:04

35 weeks and so fed up. Haven't had more then 2 hours sleep in weeks, ache all over, breathless, can't breathe properly, constant vile taste in mouth, peeing all the time but can only get out drips, stomach all over the place cos can't take my IBS medication, can't bend down or put on shoes without hyperventilating, heartburn, acid reflux, irritable, tearful and panic attacks about the birth sad

AliceAbsolum Fri 15-Nov-19 15:27:59

@LHMB Yikes, that sounds awful sad Is this your first?

SleepingStandingUp Fri 15-Nov-19 17:33:49

@LHMB feeling you about the breathing, bent over to put sons gloves on yesterday and felt like my ribs were being crushed

Have you spoken to your midwife about the delivery fears? Can we help at all?

LHMB Fri 15-Nov-19 20:13:50

15:27AliceAbsolum my second

17:33SleepingStandingUp I know exactly what you mean, I feel like my lungs are being squeezed.

Spoken to midwife, they changed my midwife without notice and this new one just said that I have to have a vaginal delivery, my last one said I could get a c section. My last birth was very traumatic and my son and I nearly died, ended up being diagnosed with PTSD, my son and myself have permanent health problems. I'm terrified of something similar happening this time

tinatsarina Fri 15-Nov-19 20:49:35

25+2 with my second. I'm all bump and my pelvis is sore. My boobs are massive and get itchy underneath no matter what bra I wear.

Taibhse Fri 15-Nov-19 21:36:18

Tina I've got the under boob itch too, even though my bra deffo fits (have spent more money on bigger and bigger bras in the last 8 months!!). I find a sprinkle of daktarin powder underneath the boobs every morning helps. Oh the glamour 🙈

Lhmb that's terrible, can you stick to your guns and demand a cs? If not, could you try some hypnobirthing tracks to help to relax you a bit?

And yy to bending over and heartburn/not being able to breathe hmm My youngest is still in nappies and we've always changed her on a floor mat from a sitting position so for the last month or so I've been an angry sweaty breathless refluxy mess after every nappy change.

LHMB Fri 15-Nov-19 22:30:12

21:36Taibhse I'm going to keep insisting, I honestly feel another vaginal delivery will further damage my health.
I know what you mean, I struggling for breath at the slightest thing now, even lying down

SleepingStandingUp Fri 15-Nov-19 22:47:08

@LHMB are you cinsultant led?

LHMB Sat 16-Nov-19 17:33:01

22:47SleepingStandingUp I see a consultant regularly but that's to do with under active thyroid. I see her next week at the same time as my 36 week growth scan so I will mention it and ask to speak to someone about it

tinatsarina Sat 16-Nov-19 17:39:54

@Taibhse thanks for the tip, I never experienced it with my first so I thought it was the underworld in my bra so I got a nice comfy nursing maternity one and it's still itchy tho not as much. I can only assume it's because they're bigger now than when I had my first 🤨 who knows.

AlphaLemon Sat 16-Nov-19 19:44:52

I love you all for being here!

I work in a very large office and during each loo break (about 1000 a day) people ask me “how I’m feeling”. If they don’t stop soon, I might start telling the truth!

No one tells you how everything hurts! And the movements allllll night 😒. And the bizarre itching, the weird cravings and how no clothes are comfortable!

I’m obviously so excited and happy, but also so flipping tired and emotional. The other day I almost cried at my desk because I couldn’t locate my snack.

SleepingStandingUp Sat 16-Nov-19 19:46:45

@LHMB yeah that's what I was gonna say, ultimately cinsultant can override her surely

LHMB Sun 17-Nov-19 16:39:46

19:46SleepingStandingUp thank you

MummyBear405 Sun 17-Nov-19 22:51:07

Haven't really been keeping up with the thread so this might have already come up but is anyone struggling to get to sleep (3rd trimester)?

I'm 29+5 and I'm used to waking up in the right due to heartburn or needing to pee but tonight I just cannot get to sleep in the first place! I've been in bed since 9pm, my husband and the dog are already well asleep & snoring!

I've tried everything, I'm really hot so I have a fan just on me, I've taken Rennies for the heartburn & had a pee I've even turned on my nightstorms playlist on Spotify which normally helps me drift off.

I don't even think it's that I'm uncomfortable due to the bump because my brain just won't switch off!

Any tips?

SleepingStandingUp Sun 17-Nov-19 23:05:53

Can you read til your eyes get tired?
Ful lsympathy, between bladder, 4 yo and bump as a minimum I got about 3 hours last night.

Twiglets are currnetly trying to kick their way out via my upper right ribcage

MummyBear405 Sun 17-Nov-19 23:13:36

@SleepingStandingUp I hope so! This thread is actually coming in handy for that smile

Oh bless you! I'm struggling enough with one baby inside and a dog to contend with, can't imagine doing it with twins and a toddler!

Sending you sleep inducing vibes xx

Taibhse Tue 19-Nov-19 15:44:54

I think I've hit the pregnancy wall 🙈 A combination of back pain, not being able to go for walks/exercise, poor sleep and ridiculously ott emotions have me in a terrible mood the last few days.

I've finished up work a bit early (am SE so won't get paid but at least I don't have work hanging over me) so I should be happy but am also doing a course and I'm behind in my work for that and don't have the energy to catch up hmm

First world problems I know but would just like to scream from the rooftops I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!

Hope everyone else is doing/sleeping/peeing better grin

AlphaLemon Wed 20-Nov-19 18:05:49

@Taibhse - no shame in throwing in the towel! You have to do whatever is best for you.
Watch some Netflix and have a few naps! Take care of yourself

tinatsarina Wed 20-Nov-19 18:50:10

I'm 26 weeks now and my pelvic pain was quite bad today I feel like going on maternity already. Just to tired for work but the longer I go the longer I have when baby finally arrives

Blondefancy Wed 20-Nov-19 18:56:10

Pregnant for the second time and in both pregnancies I have put on over 4 stone..so feel like a whale by the end!! I’m a highly active person and work as a PT so like to pride myself on my fitness and healthy eating - however when pregnant this just goes out of the window and I embody this round creature who eats the house out every day - it’s a nightmare!! I lost all the weight within 4 months so I’m not too anxious just fed up with resembling a ball! I’m 38 weeks atm! grin

fancytiles Wed 20-Nov-19 22:39:35

I have also had enough!!!
36 weeks with a breech baby I am desperately trying to turn!

LHMB Thu 21-Nov-19 11:00:09

22:39fancytiles I'm also 36 weeks with breech

SleepingStandingUp Thu 21-Nov-19 16:13:42

Well it seems my pelvis hurts cos there's just shy of 10ln of baby sitting very low on it! I think that statement summarises all my complaints 😂😂

Chlosavxox Thu 21-Nov-19 16:15:58

I'm in the first trimester and my brother + dad tried telling me yesterday that I'm lazy.. because I said I was extremely tired. Oh and apparently I'm lying about having sore boobs too. Because all of these things don't happen in the first trimester because it's too early on .. coming from two grown men .. who don't have uteruses. hmm

fancytiles Thu 21-Nov-19 20:03:07

@LHMB no way! Are you trying to turn your little one? I've been doing moxibustion but it really smells!! I'm in two minds about an ECV to be honest. I would rather not have a c section but if it comes to that then whatever the safest way out is best of course

fonxey Fri 22-Nov-19 03:04:18

37 weeks and walking up after 2 hours with heartburn and feeling ill.

Suck of feeling like crap. Only been occurring I've the last 2 days. I think prob the fault of eating too late which we can't really help due to work hours.

Jowd92 Fri 22-Nov-19 06:43:51

I'm nearly 35 weeks with 4th pregnancy first time.suffering with spd and my god I have never felt pain like it I've had it since 16 weeks but now it is just unreal been up most the night because i just cant get comfortable walking just hurts the stairs feel like a mountain I'm so ready to give up right now cant wait until I see my consultant in 2 weeks time and get my induction date booked little man is also fully engaged plus all of this is no fun when you have a very active and i mean very active 15 month old who doesn't sit still for more then 2 mins and is currently into anything and everything, wow I needed that moan lol!

Taibhse Fri 22-Nov-19 10:17:32

jowd I feel your pain flowers I'm in a similar situation here. 4th pregnancy and have had very mild SPD towards the end of other pregnancies but my god the pain I've been in for the last 3 months with this one is unreal sad I was on crutches and going up and down the stairs on my hands and knees til last week but thankfully, I've had 2 acupuncture sessions and am now a bit more mobile. It's expensive though and don't think I can afford to do it weekly for the next 6-7 weeks. Hope you get your date booked soon, at least the end will definitely be in sight for you then.

Hope you ladies with the breech babies manage to turn them. I remember some convoluted spinning babies position where I hung off a couch backwards helped to turn dd2. Will you opt for ecv rather than cs?

LHMB Fri 22-Nov-19 12:06:21

fancytiles I just had my 36 week growth scan, I'm very worried as they say baby is very on the small side, not quite 5IBs and they want to do another scan Wednesday. If baby is still breech I will have the option of either a c section or for them to try and turn baby. They're also talking about possibly inducing me in first week of December, my due date is 22nd, because of how small baby is, but I would have thought they would want you to go as long as possible when it's small. I feel so guilty that baby is not growing properly

SleepingStandingUp Fri 22-Nov-19 18:43:18

They induce early if they think baby isn't growing quick enough cos thry can fatten them up quicker on the outside than inside. If they keep them in, they keep getting comparatively smaller and if there's an issue with the placenta they can stop growing at all.

However none of it is anything you've done. It isn't your fault and it's not something you can control. I understand the guilt, DS has a chrosmome disorder and was born with a congenital defect, I feel guilty I didn't grow him right. But I know I did the absolute best I could, just like you are x

LHMB Fri 22-Nov-19 23:14:38

SleepingStandingUp thank you x

pottypotamus Sat 23-Nov-19 12:29:11

Can I join and have a moan please? Although I may not be eligible anymore soon enough.

Had a CP in Sept, preg tests didn't get darker, CBD stayed at 1-2wks.

I got another positive last weekend and the cheapies haven't been getting darker. So fecking annoying, just annoyed it's happening again.

Got a 1-2wks on CBD last Sunday. And have been scared to test again I case it says the same. I know I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon. I'm 5 weeks exactly today, according to LMP.

Early pregnancy is such a nerve-wrecking time!!!

fancytiles Sun 24-Nov-19 23:59:20

@LHMB you did the best you can, the baby's growth is not really in your control and quite honestly I don't really believe those growth scans! You're doing great x

GrumpyHoonMain Mon 25-Nov-19 00:36:44

38 weeks and I’m waking up at night not just because of nausea and wanting to pee, but also painful full body braxton hicks contractions.

LHMB Mon 25-Nov-19 13:04:41

fancytiles thank you x

SleepingStandingUp Mon 25-Nov-19 21:19:34

Urgh I've for a really dicey tummy, nothing is exiting solid. I so need it to be a minor bug not my body purging for labour 😪😪

LHMB Wed 27-Nov-19 18:22:30

SleepingStandingUp hope you're feeling better.
Scan today revealed baby still breech but in an awkward position that prevents a vaginal delivery, they booked me for a c section on the 13th. Got to have steroid injections on the day before cos baby isn't due until the 22nd and it's only small. They gave me a leaflet about a ecv and tried to persuade me to think about having that to try and turn the baby so I have a vaginal delivery

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »