Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cramp in early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Kel01 Fri 17-Aug-07 09:51:28

Im just coming up to 6 weeks pregnant and i have period like pains at least once a day. My doctor says its nothing to worry about unless it hurts when i press my tummy but im still a little worried.
Is this normal?

becklespeckle Fri 17-Aug-07 10:24:17

Hiya, congrats on your pregnancy and sorry you are worrying.
I had cramps (with a little bleeding) at 5-6 weeks, they lasted 4-5 days and were very uncomfortable. When I spoke to MW she said at this stage it is very common and is often the baby burrowing down and getting comfy in your womb. I am now 21 weeks pg.
My friend had the same and was told the same thing by her MW too.
Hopefully is nothing to worry about but if you are still worried in a few days then contact your MW for reassurance.
Good luck

dolly1 Fri 17-Aug-07 10:52:28

Kel01
I am the very same. 5w tomorrow. The pain has gone now but was really bad a few days ago when period was due. Felt better when I lay down or sat down - worse when I walked about. I've really researched this cause I was so freaked out and it appears to be normal as long as your not bleeding or have sharp pains that you are doubled over with on one side.
I think don't worry - if you think about it how do you go from being normal size to the size of a beach ball with out feeling it?!
What surprised me is that the uterus starts stretching so early! Surely something the size of a poppy seed cant need that much space!
If you start bleeding then worry more but even then only if it's heavy. If you are really concerned go to you local early preg unit at hosp and ask for an early scan - you may even see a heartbear now and that would be so reassuring wouldn't it?
Hope you feel much better soon
x

Kel01 Fri 17-Aug-07 10:58:01

Thanks so much guys, its really reassuring to hear that im not the only one!
I see what you mean Dolly, how can something so small need so much room! x

beansprout Fri 17-Aug-07 11:00:09

It's really common and is the uterus stretching. The only other time we feel anything like this is when we have period pains, so it's hard not to worry. I had a lot of this with ds and this time too (am 16w now).

Congratulations and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

dolly1 Fri 17-Aug-07 11:21:39

So glad you feel better - it's such a roller coaster this pregnancy lark isn't it?!
If you are 6w then you must be due in April right? Why don't you pop over and join us on the April 08 antenatal boards. Lots of people all going through the same thing at the same time. Loads of help and advice that will really put your mind at rest. Is this your first? It's my first and I'm a nervous wreck!
Hope to see you over there soon
x

Kel01 Fri 17-Aug-07 11:25:40

Yeah im due in April and its my first, im excited but nervous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now