Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy brain.....

(21 Posts)
macdoodle Thu 16-Aug-07 19:02:14

Took 5 year old DD swimming today - am 21 weeks pregnant - after about 45 mins one of the staff (who I know vaguely socially)...came rushing in to pool to tell me I had left front car door open with my handbag/wallet/£200 DKNY sunglasses on front seat - yikes how they had not been nicked I have no idea had to go rushing out in towel to lock car (she had kindly brought my bag in)..but had some fairly valuable work stuff as well as bag full of M+S stuff to return in boot.....
So many thanks to the many kind people who did not nick my stuff and told staff in leisure centre...and any stories of baby brain to make me feel better...feel like complete idiot (am very glad H and I seperated as I wouldn't want to tell him hope DD doesn't) ......

Weegle Thu 16-Aug-07 19:17:32

When I was pregnant I left the keys to my car on the roof of the car whilst I went shopping. Miraculously they (and the car) were still there when I got back! So no, you are far from alone!

hayley2u Thu 16-Aug-07 20:36:03

yer i keep leaving my keys in ignition then only realising when i gett to house i aint got them as cant open front door.
i also had my gtt the other day and first had blod taken at 8.45, then had to drink the drink in 5 mins. the midwife came back bit later and said what time did you finish the drink, as it has to be 2 hours. and i got completley baffled and ended up saying 8 oclock(instead of 9) felt myself burn infront of waiting room full of people.

sarahloumadam Thu 16-Aug-07 20:37:07

Not done anything as dramatic as that but have been v.dozy. Shaving one arm-pit and not the other, forgetting the names of people I have worked with for two years , getting in the car and forgetting where I should be going...

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsSOH Thu 16-Aug-07 20:41:56

Lots of general forgetfulness yes, not remembering colleagues names, forgetting where I was going etc, but the height of stupidity was when I spent three days looking for the door key, accused DH of losing it, grumped a lot and eventually found it in the back of the fridge.

Mrswizz Fri 17-Aug-07 13:13:57

ArtistformerlyknownasSOH - Don't worry about that one, DH always leaves stuff in the fridge, its usually the first place we look for things now - especially sunglasses.

MrsMar Fri 17-Aug-07 14:02:28

I got in to the bath the other day with my bra on!!! Got completely undressed, everything off except bra. Sat in bath... looked down... doh!

Tigana Fri 17-Aug-07 14:04:49

Lit a candle to make house smell nicer as visitors expected...sat it on a little shelf in the hallway...popped upstairs...dh appeared in doorway...along with waft of burning plastic...he raised his hand to show me...half-melted pair of sunglasses which had been hanging on the hook about 3 inches above the little shelf

Scampynoodle Fri 17-Aug-07 14:44:07

Had a moment of madness in Tesco last night. Should I make a fish or chicken curry? I wanded the bloody aisles for donkeys, in a right dilemma about it. I can't believe what a state I got into. I was in tears by the time I got back to the car and my dh had to mop my fevered brow for the rest of the evening. WTF is that all about?

In fact I've become incapable of making decisions. Should I go for a walk or not? When shall I get in the shower? Shall I fill the dishwasher before I have a cuppa? You'd think I was being asked the meaning of life!

Sx

cbcb Fri 17-Aug-07 14:47:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BunnyBaby Fri 17-Aug-07 15:03:52

I'm like this too..

I can't remember anyone's name. I keep forgetting to do the weekly shop. When we're out of food and I'm hungry - I can't decide what to eat. I am also black and blue from bumping into things that i-know-are-there . Thankfully DH is very good at bringing cups of camomile tea and rubbing my feet!

What scares me more is some friends say you never get your fully operational brain back!
[ahock]

loopyredangel Fri 17-Aug-07 15:53:10

I become terrible with names, and get all my words mixed up. I also become very gullible. Getting pregnant is not good for my brain!

GoodGollyMissMolly Fri 17-Aug-07 16:49:20

I have gotten so forgetful, I will be at wotk in the middle of paperwork that I have done for years now and could do it with my eyes shut, only for me to sit there and wonder what the hell I am supposed to be doing.
Can't remember peoples names and the names of certain things, esp fruit
You would think that my mobile phone lived in the fridge, cos I ALWAYS leave it in there

I have never been able to make a decision and I am even worse now.

lets hope it gets better.

TheMaskedPoster Fri 17-Aug-07 16:53:57

started early here

keys in fridge <cue frantic tearing of house apart trying to find them> and other misdemeanours such as clean laundry in wrong draws etc

<<sigh>>

Naetha Sat 18-Aug-07 12:05:45

My worst things have been to do with the car. Several times now I've forgotten to put the handbrake on when its parked, and I've found it gently resting against someone else's car. Thankfully our work car park is flat so nothing bad happens when I do it there.

The worst thing was when I was pulling away from traffic lights yesterday, and put the car into reverse instead of first. I shot backwards two feet, and the look on the woman's face behind was absolutely priceless

Other than that, just general muppetness, inability to make decisions, inability to type and spell, inability to reason - give me my brain back!

Naetha Sat 18-Aug-07 12:09:06

Apparently according to DH I've started hiding things around the house - putting things in random cupboards for no apparent reason other than I don't think they should be where they are.

Also started buying random crap - we're having a house warming party tonight, and I went to Asda to buy some stuff for it - I came away with nearly £100 worth of shopping including kitchen knives (nothing wrong with ours really - wonder why I bought knives...) gardening kneepads (I never do any gardening) and loads of other things I'm just not going to use. I'll probably take most of them back on Monday.

MrsJetson Sat 18-Aug-07 12:31:04

School started last week and we had to make appointments with our new teachers. I dragged DH out of 2 meetings - one of which he has to reschedule for 5 weeks time (ooops) - we both turned up at school - to be told it is next week.

We were going out the other day so I put DD into her car seat first, then the 2 boys into theirs then went around and took DD out of hers again went into the house and shut the door. It was only when she said 'boys' I realised what I had done!

11 more weeks of forgetfulness I ahve no idea what will happen next!

Tammy18 Sat 18-Aug-07 17:46:47

I keep forgetting names of people i work with and calling them something totally different.

I also managed to leave a window open at work last night...millions of pounds of stuff could have easily been taken..horrified!!

primigravida Sat 18-Aug-07 18:01:37

I put on a load of washing and thought that the machine was broken as it made such a loud banging noise during the spin cycle. When I hung out my sheets what should pop out but my cell-phone which I'd absent-mindedly wrapped up in a the top sheet that morning before stripping the bed. Unbelievably, my husband managed to get the phone to work again.

hayley2u Sat 18-Aug-07 18:15:21

natha lol at the gardenning knee pads, that tickled me lol

hayley2u Sat 18-Aug-07 18:15:45

naetha sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now