Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sore bump and painful baby movements?

(13 Posts)
PregnantGrrrl Thu 16-Aug-07 12:29:56

Normal anyone? I'm 30 wks.

Bump is killing me, when the baby moves i feel like he's going to burst out, Alien-style.

My Braxton Hicks have been harsh too

Chattyhan Thu 16-Aug-07 12:39:10

I often get painful movements i'm 35wks. When lo pushes against my bump it can be quite sore. Try kneeling on all 4's puts baby in a hammock and tends to settle mine down. Also moves them into better position! Otherwise i find just leaning forward a bit helps!

Chattyhan Thu 16-Aug-07 12:40:03

I don't get braxton hicks so can't comment there but if you're concerned ring your midwife!

EdieMcredie Thu 16-Aug-07 12:46:39

Oh my god, they kill me!! Asked me consultant today and she said quite normal but I am carrying a big baby.

Sometimes it feels like my pelvis is cracking

PregnantGrrrl Thu 16-Aug-07 13:22:51

not just me then! DS leaping on my belly doesn't help either

TOD Thu 16-Aug-07 22:16:01

ME TOO. AM 35 WEEKS AND BABY SEEMS VERY ACTIVE AND STRONG...SOMETIMES I JUMP WITH THE PAIN ESPECIALLY LOWER DOWN THE BUMP!!
BRAXTON HICKS VERY STRONG AND UNCOMFORTABLE TOO........MY SIS SAYS THAT SHOULD MAKE FOR AN EASIER LABOUR!!!! HERES HOPING!!!!!!

potoroo Thu 16-Aug-07 22:27:53

Me too - don't remember it being this bad first time round. It wakes me up at night.

Only 3 days of work left though thankfully.

TOD Thu 16-Aug-07 22:31:58

I NEVER HAD THIS FIRST TIME AROUND EITHER...

CarGirl Thu 16-Aug-07 22:33:53

my 2nd was the most painful - she was very very long and my first had been an average baby the next was huge!

TOD Thu 16-Aug-07 22:37:18

OH DONT SAY THAT ...DOCTOR ALREADY THINKS BABY IS BIG...HOW WILL I GET IT OUT!!! DS WAS AVERAGE SIZE TOO....

CarGirl Thu 16-Aug-07 22:40:38

absolutely fine - dd1 was over an hour pushing, dd2 abut 10 minutes even though she was 3lbs bigger

TOD Thu 16-Aug-07 22:42:18

THEY DO SAY EVEYTHING HAPPENS MUCH FASTER SECOND TIME AROUND...THANKS FOR REASSUREANCE!!

rita2007 Thu 16-Aug-07 22:48:35

my baby is the same....kicks and moves from one end of my tummy to the next so quick that i feel like i am on a roller coaster or better yet the rollercoaster is inside me. and my tummy is so hard....i guess that is braxton hicks symptom. others in same boat as me?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: