Talk

Advanced search

Am I going to die?? I just done my Clexane injection....

(16 Posts)
sparklygothkat Thu 16-Aug-07 09:49:40

and didn't realise I did it into a vein!! It has a small air bubble which you have to inject last, to plug it, but when I pulled out the needle, it started bleeding and I realised it went into the vein... I know you should never inject air into yourself so am scared now.. Proberably being completely silly and emotional..

saffymum Thu 16-Aug-07 09:51:26

Are you still there? if you are then you probably didn't do too much harm. But call your gp anyway just to calm your nerves.

sparklygothkat Thu 16-Aug-07 09:56:56

yes still here I am just so emotional and tired..

Theclosetpagan Thu 16-Aug-07 09:59:04

From my days as a nurse I can tell you that you'll be fine.

You might bleed even if it didn't go into a vein. Tiny air bubbles are fine.

iris66 Thu 16-Aug-07 10:08:44

Ooh sparkly - you poor thing Don't fret though do call your Dr if you're really worried. When they induced me with DS there were what looked like massive bubbles going into my veins. I even shrieked at DH to make sure he sued if I died - I was in a right panic and the MW just looked at me as if I was mad & said it was fine.

Tired & emotional isn't a good combo is it. Especially after the time you've had of late. Go make yourself a cuppa

RubySlippers Thu 16-Aug-07 10:13:18

no you won't ...
i used to get petrified if there was a teeny air bubble in mine but there is nothing to worry about
was so pleased to hear the news about Peter last night
not surprised you feel emotional

sparklygothkat Thu 16-Aug-07 10:18:17

I feel so silly now

saffymum Thu 16-Aug-07 10:38:46

I'm sending you a big <<<<<h u g>>>>>> hope you can put your feet up with a big mug of tea and a bar of your favorite snack.

sparklygothkat Thu 16-Aug-07 10:45:13

I burst into tears this morning, because my girls were fighting and I couldn;t deal with it. I feel drained.. I shouted at them and told them that they are nasty to each other and I have had enough And if they don't stop I'm going to walk away from them and leave them.. I feel terrible for saying that and I didn't mean it, but to to woken by screaming and shouting, when Misdee's Dds could have lost their daddy, made me mad!

iris66 Thu 16-Aug-07 10:48:16

No need to feel silly - you've been on such an emotional rollercoaster. Think what you'd say to your best friend in similar circumstances, then heed your own advice ((hugs))

RGPargy Thu 16-Aug-07 11:25:52

Oh SGK, you poor thing! Big hugs to you sweetie

JARM Thu 16-Aug-07 11:28:10

Try and take it easy SGK.

You need to rest and recoup, its been a tough week for you all.

Try and get DH to take over for an hour and get to bed xxx

Flower3554 Thu 16-Aug-07 11:31:34

Oh SGK, no wonder you're emotional. Don't be so hard on yourself. More hugs from me.xxx

sparklygothkat Thu 16-Aug-07 15:15:13

well I guess it didn't hurt me, because I am still here lol!!

RubySlippers Thu 16-Aug-07 15:16:02

LOL Sparkly!
hope you feel cheerier

sparklygothkat Thu 16-Aug-07 15:18:01

Still tired because when I tried to sleep, my other BIL turned up to pick up his CV, which he asked us to print off. But feeling ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now