Talk

Advanced search

Your unborn baby's nocturnal habits!

(12 Posts)
helenelisabeth Wed 15-Aug-07 21:46:31

This is my second pg and he/she barely moves once I am in bed, my DD was more active at night and was quite active at night once born.

Has anyone else found that a quiet baby in the womb (esp at night!) equals quiet baby once born?

Jbck Wed 15-Aug-07 21:55:24

I'm praying that's true as this little one is constantly on the move during the day but fairly quiet at night. I get a few jumps around 11 then nothing till about 6 or 7 so fingers crossed this'll be it's little pattern when born. I can't really remember when DD moved most but she is constantly on the go & has terrible periods where she's up & down a lot during the night.

MrsFish Wed 15-Aug-07 21:57:42

My lo (34 weeks on sunday) is happily very quiet during the night, I am hoping it is a sign of things to come That said I'm not surprised, he must be knackered, I have been sat on the sofa for the past two hours and he hasn't stopped moving yet

helenelisabeth Wed 15-Aug-07 22:05:15

MrsFish my lo has been the same tonight, I have been out all day with DD and not stopped, barely felt a movement all day, put DD to bed, had an orange lolly ice and a bowl of ice cubes (yes, craving cold things!) and LO has not stopped since 8pm!

lilymolly Wed 15-Aug-07 22:07:27

mine was awake a lot a night, yet from 17 weeks old, slept 12 hours a night!!!!!!!! so I dont think it is any indication of how a baby will sleep

helenelisabeth Wed 15-Aug-07 22:09:09

Lillymolly I can live in hope! My DD was a great sleeper once I stopped BF and is still to this day so I agree, it is not really an indicator as she was active at night. She is just nuts in the day now!

MrsFish Wed 15-Aug-07 22:09:32

helene - funny that I have been on the go all day too and not felt much, I also had an icepop at about 8pm too

helenelisabeth Wed 15-Aug-07 22:11:16

MrsFish they do say they are lulled to sleep when you are active hence they go mad when you try to rest at night! Typical isn't it, put one monkey to bed and unborn monkey starts!

Are you into the icepops/icecubes as well?! I am sitting here in heaven with my bowl of icecubes. Had same cravings with DD.

suwoo Wed 15-Aug-07 22:14:14

Ha!! I thought that with DS. Only one thing I can say to that theory is BOLLOCKS

helenelisabeth Wed 15-Aug-07 22:16:39

Haha thanks Suwoo!! I can let you all know in roughly 3 weeks whether the theory is true!!

MrsFish Wed 15-Aug-07 22:22:35

helene - not had any cravings in particular, just fancied an ice pop tonight as was feeling hot

Naetha Thu 16-Aug-07 10:13:18

I don't feel anything other than the odd squirm between about 10pm and 8am. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come, but I doubt it somehow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now