Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage question

(12 Posts)
Sui9 Tue 22-Oct-19 00:39:41

I think I've had a miscarriage at 3 weeks, 4 days (cramps, blood clots, stringy, bled for 8 hours). Had got positive home tests (took 4 over 3 days) at 20 days. I'm nervous about taking another home test to check - I don't want to deal with getting a false positive, I'd rather know if it's over, but I'm also desperate to know as soon as possible. How early would you advise taking a test? - It's now 13 days since this happened - will all the blood hormone be likely to have gone given mc so early?

rubyroot Tue 22-Oct-19 00:44:13

Hcg should have returned to normal now. I'm guessing you've stopped bleeding?

Sui9 Tue 22-Oct-19 00:51:28

Thanks. Yes, stopped after 2 days. I'll try and be brave and do the test now. - just couldn't cope with disappointment if I got a false positive. As it was so early, I don't need to contact a doctor, do I?

rubyroot Tue 22-Oct-19 00:53:43

You don't really need to, no. Unless for any reason, you want it in your medical records.

Sui9 Tue 22-Oct-19 01:04:28

Thanks x

HeartshapedFox Tue 22-Oct-19 01:14:56

flowers Sorry to hear this OP. As others have said, your hormones have probably settled down now if you feel up to doing a test. You don’t need to see your doctor unless you want to x

Summer135 Tue 22-Oct-19 01:27:52

Im really sorry to hear thanks
If it was me I would phone the early pregnancy assessment unit direct to the hospital just to explain your situation and they will give you the best advice if they think you should go in or not and when to take the test. Even if it's just a five minute chat on the phone. I wouldn't bother with GP. When I went through it both times the hospital asked me to come in and were very supportive. Its a awful time for anyone who goes through it - sending hugs!!

Nat6999 Tue 22-Oct-19 01:32:28

I had several early miscarriages, exactly the same as you, my hcg levels had returned to normal within 2-3 weeks.

Sui9 Tue 22-Oct-19 01:42:51

Thanks all for your messages, it really helps. And for the EPU tip. x

ErnestJones Tue 22-Oct-19 02:15:12

I’ve just returned from hospital as I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago but had still retained matter. This made my HCB levels continue to rise. If your next test is positive then go to see your GP who will refer you to EPU for a scan. If your test is negative and you have stopped bleeding then still see your GP as she would like to check your cervix just to make sure that everything is as it should be.

Hope you’re OK flowers

ErnestJones Tue 22-Oct-19 02:16:51

HCG. Typo sorry

Sui9 Tue 22-Oct-19 07:24:29

Oh, how difficult for you. Wishing you healing. Thanks for sharing this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »