Talk

Advanced search

comfort and flying? need to take a poll!

(3 Posts)
MarchMum Tue 14-Aug-07 19:22:38

Aside from the airline/dr restrictions, what do you think the longest flight you can comfortably take at 30/32 weeks is? I want to go away at Christmas but that's where I'll be and I am not sure how far I can stretch. Is 7 hr flight too much? Any opinions?

toadstool Tue 14-Aug-07 20:07:42

I have 2 friends who flew at 30 weeks, respectively, from UK to USA (midwest) and from Oz to UK (2 day break). The only problem they reported was getting insured! As long as you have the compression stockings on and drink plenty of fluids, it's apparently OK.

PregnantGrrrl Tue 14-Aug-07 20:43:24

personally i'd avoid the seats right at the front, which are meant to have more leg room (bulk head?). Your tray is portable and you have to pull it from under you, it's a pain in the bum and makes eating / reading uncomfortable, and getting up for the loo etc annoying.

Insurance might be a pain for you, but 7hrs is managable if you're otherwise well and take plenty of fluids and walks around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now