Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

sinus pain

(9 Posts)
j20baby Tue 14-Aug-07 00:31:34

i think it is anyway, just on one side, had it for a few wks, thought it was my ear or my teeth, but it only comes on when i lay down (hence me getting back up tonight to come mn it!)

is there anything i can do to ease it?

BBBee Tue 14-Aug-07 00:32:56

sleep propped up on loads of pillows?

hope you get some rest.

j20baby Tue 14-Aug-07 00:38:19

thanks, i keep trying to do that but get backache! have just stuck my nose over a newly boilt kettle, but burnt it!

does anyone know if i can i take over the counter medication?

ozchick Tue 14-Aug-07 04:56:59

Hi, I am 38 wks pregnant and have just recovered from a horrid sinus infection - shocking pain! All the chemist would give me was paracetamol and a saline nasal spray and some useless herbal tablets. I went to see my doctor and he prescribed an anti-biotic which was the only thing that worked to clear it. I had been steaming as well but apart from the paracetamol nothing worked until I got the hard core penicillin. Good luck.

slim22 Tue 14-Aug-07 06:10:00

if it is an infection then only antibios will clear it.
If you are a chronic sufferer like me then I can only recommend inhalation as you are pregnant.
very effective are syndol tablets for pain and nasonex allergy spray. Check with your doctor if ok durning pregnancy.

j20baby Tue 14-Aug-07 10:39:12

thanks, i don't suffer with it often, i don't think i do anyway, but never really associated it with sinus pain, thought it was toothache or headache usually iyswim, will try and get a prescription from docs today

slim22 Tue 14-Aug-07 10:53:30

ok hope U get better soon so you can get some sleep

Alfie72 Wed 15-Aug-07 13:45:55

Acupuncture did the trick with my sinusitis. It's well worth the investment.

j20baby Wed 15-Aug-07 19:20:46

thanks, it seemed to not be too bad last night, will see how it goes tonight

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: