Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else has this strange sensation?

(6 Posts)
TinaFay Mon 13-Aug-07 20:56:57

Hi everyone,

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and have had a very strange feeling the last week or so which I'm not sure whether I should be concerned about.

I feel my baby move around quite alot, and sometimes, especially when I'm sitting down, it feels as though I can feel it against my cervix - almost like an odd tickling sensation against the roof of my vagina. I'm worried that the baby might be putting pressue on my cervix, as I have had an increased discharge recently (although having checked this with a special panty liner I've confirmed it's not amniotic fluid). Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I can't quite believe I'm about to say this, but it sort of feels like when you pass 'wind' that way! Sorry (blush).

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced anything similar? I'm in two minds to speak to the midwife about it, but think she might just think I'm being silly!

Tina

potoroo Mon 13-Aug-07 21:11:56

Yep - had it all through first pregnancy, and in this one too. I was convinced DS just had his hand on my cervix the whole time

But if you are concerned, do speak to your MW. She won't think you are being silly

TinaFay Mon 13-Aug-07 21:15:35

Thanks Potoroo - feel such much better to know it's not just me! I've read about so many other pregnancy symptoms, but seen nothing about this.

kyala Mon 13-Aug-07 21:16:28

I had this too and also my LO has been kicking downwards and forcing little bubbles of air out of my fanjo (making a tiny "pop" LOL)

Aren't these things just weird!!

potoroo Mon 13-Aug-07 21:54:18

Mind you - its on and off for a week at a time - he must move in and out of position.

MrsMar Mon 13-Aug-07 22:05:16

All the time!!! Mine kicks my cervix non stop, very bizarre, feels like having a smear taken from the inside!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now