Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how do you feel when you have a water infection

(10 Posts)
jellyjem Mon 13-Aug-07 12:37:31

My clinic have sent me a letter requesting I go back for another urine test as they think I have a water infection but I feel fine so don't really understand it. I'm going back this afternoon but I just wondered can you have a water infection without feeling any ill effects?

dissle Mon 13-Aug-07 12:42:33

you can actually feel ok, however you may not even have an infection, it could just be a contaminated sample that you submitted last time. sounds like they want another sample to double check.
should be ok,no harm double checking eh.

Alfie72 Mon 13-Aug-07 12:43:53

It is possible but general symptoms to look out for are :
Burning or uncomfortable sensation when you pass urine
Itching, smelly or unusual discharge or redness down below.
Sometimes when the dr /mw does a urine test they see things on the test stick indicating an infection.
Try not to stress as they can be easily treated.
Do try and flush out your system a bit though- water and clear fluids, stay away from fizzy drinks. Cranberry juice helps flush out toxins on the bladder too.
Hope you get sorted.

Alfie72 Mon 13-Aug-07 12:45:31

Also, if you have a temperature , back or tummy ache- those are symptoms too.

dissle Mon 13-Aug-07 12:47:03

you really need to find out though because if you have got an infection if it isnt treated it could track to your kidneys...now you would REALLY know about that!
symptoms are below in last posters posting.

like i say could be a contaminated sample.

jellyjem Mon 13-Aug-07 12:48:14

Thanks girls, yeah they do just want to do another test so it could well be nothing. I have had quite a lot of discharge lately but I've not noticed any nasty smell or anything. Ah well, even if it is nothing another appointment means I'll be home from work much earlier than usual so can catch up on my sleep

dissle Mon 13-Aug-07 12:50:40

OMG! Its well worth having a raging mouldy bladder for extra sleep...you lucky lucky thing.

wish i had a mouldy bladder i would love extra sleep.

Alfie72 Mon 13-Aug-07 12:51:41

Get yourself checked out, best to be safe eh ? All the best.

jellyjem Mon 13-Aug-07 12:53:11

Too righ, I'm planning a nice kip in front of the tv at about 4:00pm

Alfie72 Mon 13-Aug-07 13:01:04

Nice..
I have had enough of daytime Trash TV and sleeping now, think i may go for a bi of lunch.
The joys of maternity leave...bliss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now