Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Silly question .. Is it possible to 'show' a pregnancy belly at 9 - 10 weeks

(19 Posts)
TheMaskedPoster Mon 13-Aug-07 11:47:27

...like being unable to suck in the lower belly completely etc?

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Aug-07 11:48:50

i am around 8 weeks and swear i am showing already. moreso in the evenings. i did have a bit of a wobbly bely there anyway but its larger now and more pronounced

Clary Mon 13-Aug-07 11:49:25

Oh yes when I was pg with DS2 (my 3rd) and I told people at 12 wks they all said, oh yes, we thought so lol.

Tummy muscles all shot y'see!

TheMaskedPoster Mon 13-Aug-07 11:51:15

oh - that is good to know ... I seem larger in the evenings too, and almost normal in the morning . I just remember being a lot further along last time when my belly started being 'there' (but I was a bit bigger myself - which may be why too)

lol Clary!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsSOH Mon 13-Aug-07 11:57:50

Oh yes is entirely possible. With my first and only child a colleague asked me when I was due at 7 weeks. I tell myself that it's because I was so damn skinny and had such a washboard stomach that it was bound to be obvious. I'm completely convinced that this is true for you too TMP, so damn slim and gorgeous that you're showing early.

Similarly I'm sure all MNers are still in their pyjamas, hair unbrushed and eating gingerbread.

[slattern]

PS Ignore the comediennes who titter 'is it twins?' at you. They'll get theirs.

LadyTophamHatt Mon 13-Aug-07 12:02:51

ohhhh yes it is!

TheMaskedPoster Mon 13-Aug-07 12:11:52

lol SOH! That's exactly right!

The thing is I keep thinking that maybe I didn't misscarry the first time and I am still pregnant from then (although I bled a lot with clots and bright red blood and the symptoms all disappeared etc) which would make me about 15-16 weeks. I am really hoping this is not the case as I had a bad case of sinutitis right after the mc and lived on painkillers, sudafed and sinutab for a week (as I wasn't pregnant anymore etc).

Dh says I don't look any bigger and I feel very nauseous my boobs are very tender, so I think I must be only 9 - 10 weeks, but my human paranoia is still niggling away <sigh>

Am phoning the clinic tomorrow to arrange a scan, which will set my mind at ease - but until then , I have you lovely ladies!

superfine

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Aug-07 12:12:52

come join us on the due inmarch thread TMP

crokky Mon 13-Aug-07 12:13:23

i am pg with no 2 and I am showing much earlier. belly never recovered from first pg!!!

Auntylisa Tue 14-Aug-07 11:21:02

hi, i'm ten weeks and my stomach looks like i'm wearing a low slung back pack the wrong way round... my sister said she was the same. If you think of the variety in all our non pregnant bodies its probably no suprise we all grow differently. Eat cake, enjoy!

MaloryTowersHasManners Tue 14-Aug-07 11:22:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Auntylisa Tue 14-Aug-07 11:22:38

by the way, where do i find due in march?
ta

MerlinsBeard Tue 14-Aug-07 11:23:42

its in antenatal clubs AL

Auntylisa Tue 14-Aug-07 11:32:28

thankyou. good luck maskedposter!

TheMaskedPoster Wed 15-Aug-07 17:35:52

Thanks all

just to let you know that I had the dating scan today and it showed that I am 6 weeks + 5 days, sooooooooooo it seems that I have simply 'eaten all the pies' as to why my tummy is looking so large!

But at least I got to see the little heartbeat etc ... now it's a nervous wait till the 12 week threshold ...

MerlinsBeard Thu 16-Aug-07 10:30:47

glad it went well TMP

mieowcat Fri 24-Aug-07 16:06:14

Hello,
i am now 18 weeks but was showing from 8 weeks, to the point people commented that i looked 'too' big, which made me feel paranoid that i was fat! i think i was so proud to be pregnant that i was probably sticking my tummy out a bit too!
since then i have deliberately worn clothes too 'show' my bump rather than hide it away. just feels funny having that extra weight.
congratulations and be proud of your lovely bump!!

aloha Fri 24-Aug-07 16:06:34

Oh god yes.

hannahmary Fri 24-Aug-07 16:20:13

Ahhhhh...thank goodness, I show more in the evenings too and its really wierd because I have a shower then and there are loads of mirrors so I get the feeling I am really big then in the morning I can't tell at all...and noone has noticed?!?!??! wierd

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now