Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

decaf coffee

(5 Posts)
Stefka Mon 13-Aug-07 10:52:06

I gave up coffee when I started TTC. I am 31 weeks pregnant now and as I was really missing coffee I decided to try some organic decaf stuff. I have been drinking it the last couple of weeks. I just saw some stuff on the internet that said that decaf can be dangerous to drink in pregnancy too. Now I feel bad.

beansprout Mon 13-Aug-07 10:54:02

Don't feel bad, it's fine. You can drink coffee quite safely in pregnancy if you want too, if you choose not to, then that's good too, but decaff is not dangerous!!

sfxmum Mon 13-Aug-07 10:55:47

i really went off coffee in early pregnancy but later started craving it and like you went on deccaf. about a cup a day. no harm done.
please don't stress

GreatAuntieWurly Mon 13-Aug-07 10:56:07

i drank decaf while pregnant with ds1 stuck with ordinary with ds2, but TBH i dont drink a lot of coffee anyway. I think if you adhered to everything that was bad for you, you probably wouldnt consume anything.

Stefka Mon 13-Aug-07 11:05:38

Thanks - it's my first pregnancy so I'm a nervous ninny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now