Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had a VBA2C?

(8 Posts)
shinyshoes Sat 11-Aug-07 13:32:18

I have had 2 elective c-sections, the first becaue they thought he was big (he was 8lb 6.5 oz) and the second because he was too big for my pelvis to have a natural labour (10lb 1oz).

The midwife in my 12 weeks bboking appointment had said there is NO WAY , that a consultant will let me have a natural birth after 2 sectons especially after the last one was over 4.0 kg. but I really want to have a natural birth this time as I feel this baby is nowhere near as big as the last one and I really dont want it to be the end for me to have more children in the future. If I have a 3rd section I will not be able to have anymore.

Has anyone had a VBA2C ?. Is it successful. and how do I go about fighting the midwife on this one

belgo Sat 11-Aug-07 13:35:09

keep this bumped for DaisyMOO and Kittywits. I'm sure they have both had VBA2C

shinyshoes Sat 11-Aug-07 13:35:55

ooh thanks for that, i will keep it bumped if it's not rude

belgo Sat 11-Aug-07 13:41:45

Have you found the Yahoo VBAC group? Apparently they are very helpful.

shinyshoes Sat 11-Aug-07 13:42:57

no i havent but will have a look , thanks

shinyshoes Sat 11-Aug-07 14:38:35

Bump

Loopymumsy Sat 11-Aug-07 14:39:18

Message withdrawn

jenjins Sat 11-Aug-07 15:01:28

i am thinking the same as you shinyshoes even though i am not pregnant at the moment. i have a ds4 and a dd who nearly 11 months and have been thinking about having another one. i still have a feeling inside that i can do it as first one was a crash secton due to severe fetal distress after being induced at 42+2 and with my dd actually went into labour at 41 with ruptured membranes but after 54 i still hadnt delivered. contractions were strong and regular but everytime i sat down they stopped and never got past 2.5 cm. there was always the doubt that the head was free and had dreadful experience before with syntocinon so i asked for another section and was so disapointed that i didnt have natural but after previous scare i had no choice. it turned out her head was so high it would have never come down, hence me not dilating. there is always the issue with safety and as much as i would love to do it i would never want to put myyself or baby in danger. thing is my previous consultant who is anti sections unless really necessary said to me if you have anymore you need a section. if she says i tend to believe her but still want to do it myself. have done a lot of reading but i must admit some of the websites seem to be a bit too natural for me so it makes it all harder to decide what to do. anyway i hope you can get some good guidance and possibly have the birth that you want. as for me ive not decided yet about anymore!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now