Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought a video monitor that works PROPERLY?

(8 Posts)
Hopeitwontbebig Sat 11-Aug-07 10:54:41

I will post this in the products section too, but thought this would be a good place to start!

I have so far tried 2 different models, this being the latest and the interference is dreadful. Lots of crackling sounds and visual interference.

We do have a wireless internet sender, but other things seems to interfere with the monitor, other electrical appliances, drills etc.

Has anyone bought one and found it to be clear and without any interference?

The next one I'm thinking about trying is this one. Then I will finally give up and buy an audio monitor.

Opinions please.....

RubyRioja Sat 11-Aug-07 10:59:02

Mine was rubbish.

Hopeitwontbebig Sat 11-Aug-07 11:03:40

Same problem?

PurpleLostPrincess Sat 11-Aug-07 13:05:33

Have a look on ebay, DH reckons there's a few on there that has channels that can be changed and stuff... (its all gobblediegook to me!). I'd provide you with a link but it seems there are loads of different ones! I wasn't going to post at all but DH insists that there are good ones on there - wish we'd bought ours already so I could give some better feedback!

PLP xxx

RubyRioja Sat 11-Aug-07 13:09:49

Same problem, rolling images, crackling noises. PITA

Hopeitwontbebig Sat 11-Aug-07 20:35:40

Hi Purple, I bought this one from ebay. It was the first one I tried, like the one from Boots it has 3 channels and all of them suffer interference.

Sorry...

alipiggie Sat 11-Aug-07 20:46:29

Try and see if you can change the frequency of you wireless network. That may help with the problem. Repositioning the transmitter of the monitor should also help. You can buy special adaptors to put in the sockets that help stop the interference. Try Maplins for that.

Hopeitwontbebig Sat 11-Aug-07 20:49:09

Ooh alipiggie, I'll have a look for that plug in thing in Maplin. Thanks for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now