Talk

Advanced search

Have had bad cough for over a week, can't sleep and now this has happened......

(8 Posts)
muppetgirl Sat 11-Aug-07 07:41:48

Hi. I am 27 + 5 weeks prgt and have had a cough for over a week. It is a tickly cough that I only get 'gunk' on my chest when I cough, then cough to get rid of the gunk.

I haven't been sleeping as lying down makes it worse, sitting up hurts my bump.

Last night I coughed so much I wet myself v embarassed about it. Cleaned myself up, went back to bed and it happened again this morning. Am now worried anout going out as I can't feel my bladder being that full but when I cough the stream starts and I can't stop it.

It's Saturday and I can't see a dr 'till mon at the earliest...

I know I can't take anything, any advice/ideas?

Many thanks.

fawkeoff Sat 11-Aug-07 07:43:44

the only thing i can say is to wear a sanitary just in case....you coul phone the emergancy docs

Oenophile Sat 11-Aug-07 07:55:06

Poor you! I get this too (with me it's when I sneeze incessantly due to hayfever) and I'm not even pregnant! Very awkward, but the answer really is as Fawkeoff said, to go out prepared with a towel on for a bit even if you don't think you're going to need one (better safe than sorry.) And take some spare knicks in your bag.

TBH, I've there's not much you can do for a cough but ride it out - even if you can take anti-tussive meds, they don't seem to work all that well. Of course if you feel at all poorly and it's not getting better, then you have to consider a chest infection and in that case a trip to the docs on Monday would seem to be the best option.

Hope you feel better soon, Muppet.

startouchedtrinity Sat 11-Aug-07 08:04:00

My GP prescribed abs when I had a cough during pg to protect my pelvic floor.

muppetgirl Sat 11-Aug-07 08:22:17

Thanks all!
Star -can I ask what abs is?

startouchedtrinity Sat 11-Aug-07 09:02:02

Antibiotics

startouchedtrinity Sat 11-Aug-07 09:02:35

And they worked, I'd been coughing for weeks.

sambuca Sat 11-Aug-07 14:29:27

TRY HAVING A HOT LEMON AND HONEY DRINK THAT NORMALLY WORKS 4 ME.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now