Talk

Advanced search

Help - Sudden Increase in Discharge

(3 Posts)
TinaFay Fri 10-Aug-07 15:10:55

Hi everyone,

I'm new! Only just registered and I'm actually a little embarrassed to be posting this as my very first thread, but I really need some (hopefully!) reassurance.
I'm 19 weeks pregnant, and for the past 5 days or so have had quite a dramatic increase in vaginal discharge. It's not overly watery, and isn't a funny colour (clear tinged with white) but I feel wet/damp all the time and am almost onstantly aware of a trickling senstation. My pants aren't soaking or anything, but I'm really worried my cervix might be beginning to dilate early or something. Has anyone else had this? I've got no pain or anything, and no bleeding. Please help!

scorpio1 Fri 10-Aug-07 15:13:03

Its normal for people when pg to wear pantyliners. maybe this might help the sensation for you? i know, its horrible isnt it! as long as it doesnt smell or isnt a funny olour you should be fine. mention it to your midwife when you see her next

mixedmama Fri 10-Aug-07 15:14:58

I have this from time to time. Someone suggested to me it is just getting rid of excess discharge, sorry not very scientific. I have to wear a panty liner all the time so know what you mean. Ask your midwife about it you are worried, altho I am sure someone on here will be able to advise. Could it be thrush??? i had this at the end of my last pregnancy and hadnt thought about thrush and just thought I had excess discharge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now