Talk

Advanced search

Any midwives about? Or doulas or anyone really....

(11 Posts)
missyhols Thu 09-Aug-07 16:27:14

I'm almost 34wks with dd2 and have been given anti biotics for possible uti. I've been taking them since tues and have no improvement on the pains and discomfort i'm getting.

Pain makes it difficult to lift my leg. Dh helped me get dressed this morning!

I'm also anemic and on iron tabs which seem to be doing bugger all since starting two weeks. Bump and baby at scan have measured week and half bigger and bump is v low. So living in hope!

Anyway what i want to know is why the hell am i still in pain.

Coathanger Thu 09-Aug-07 16:33:37

Did you do a mid-stream urine sample to diagnose the UTI?

If you are having pain on lifing you legs, it could be symphysis pubis dysfunction. Does it hurt to walk up the stairs?

wildwoman Thu 09-Aug-07 16:36:32

It could be that your baby is lying on a nerve at the moment, that can be incredibly painful trust me! You could try getting in to different positions to see if you can get it to move.

lulumama Thu 09-Aug-07 16:39:50

are you suffering from SPD? that sort of thing can make it hard to lift legs, walk and be comfortable...

missyhols Thu 09-Aug-07 16:57:14

A midwife but not my norm suggested spd. It hurts to do pretty much anything. Should i go back to doc, he is aware of pains but I've been hoping if would suggest it so didn't sound like i was self diagnosing!

Yes it was a mid stream urine sample

lulumama Thu 09-Aug-07 16:58:30

that sort of pain might well be SPD in which case you might benefit from physio or crutches

Coathanger Thu 09-Aug-07 17:10:53

So the MSU must have shown some culture growth and the antibiotics should be clearing that up...but to have this pain upon raising your leg might be a sign of something else other than a UTI.

I would speak to your MW or GP and see what they think.

I hope whatever it is it gets sorted out soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

missyhols Thu 09-Aug-07 17:16:04

Think I'll make another appointment at docs then. Thanks. What about the pain in bladder area etc? When will pills work do you think?

Coathanger Thu 09-Aug-07 17:18:23

The antibiotics may take a few days to kick in but if the pain is unbearable then a couple of paracetamol and a warm bath might help....but it might all be related.

Make that appt, hun xxxxx

hertsnessex Thu 09-Aug-07 17:20:32

you need to be wearing a support aswell - either a meternity support belt or get an old sheet (or a wrap/pashmina)and then use it to tie round your hips - under your bump to stabilise the area. get a mw or docs appt.

cx

missyhols Thu 09-Aug-07 17:29:20

Cheers guys. I'll make one asap. Baby has dropped very low now and after all the mix up with dates i don't think I'll last that much longer. My sis in laws nan has worked on del suite for over 20 years i'm holding her to two weeks! Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now