Talk

Advanced search

Waxing - third trimester

(4 Posts)
SurreyisSunny Wed 11-Sep-19 20:58:55

I’m very overdue for a bikini wax however am concerned about lying on my back for 20 mins. It’s also becoming more sensitive. This is the longest I’ve been without one for years. I’m not thinking about birth as know midwives have seen it all.

Are there alternatives to lying flat? If so do I just put up with the pain or do I just become yeti like?

devilishlygood Wed 11-Sep-19 21:04:36

Couldn’t you do most of it lying on your side? I’m sure that most beauticians with any experience will have had a late-stage preggo in for a bikini wax.

I’d start by calling your regular therapist, just be straight about it. If she hasn’t done it before, ask for recommendations for someone who might have.

You will be more sensitive, I’d imagine. But you’re about to give birth....sooo....! 🤷‍♀️😬😂

janey15 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:06:28

Could you ask them to recline the bed up a bit to prop yourself up? Should be ok for a bikini wax but probably not much good if you want a Brazilian!
My waxing lady says she has waxed people all the way through pregnancy so should be possible x

TwoShades1 Thu 12-Sep-19 05:25:08

20 mins? I’m 35 weeks and have continued with my waxing through my pregnancy. I have it all off and end actual waxing is 15 mins at the very most and when she does the area around my bum I lay on my side anyway as bringing knees up to chest with a bump isnt easy. So I’m probably only on my back for 10 mins or so.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »