Talk

Advanced search

Groggy after whooping cough vaccine?

(6 Posts)
pinkstar01 Wed 11-Sep-19 12:57:02

Did anyone else feel out of it after the vaccine? I just feel so tired and sleepy and rundown since I got it 24 hours ago!

How long will this last?

frsttimemama Wed 11-Sep-19 13:36:02

Hi Pinkstar, I felt crappy for about a day and then fine the next day. They warned me I could feel a bit lethargic for a couple of days so, I would wait another 24 hours and see how you feel but, as far as I'm aware it's completely normal smile

Dramaqueen14 Wed 11-Sep-19 18:54:20

Hi, I had my jag this morning and I can’t believe how tired I am more so than normal x

stripes416 Wed 11-Sep-19 19:28:38

I had mine the other day and the nurse told me the biggest side effect is tiredness. Even later that night I felt so worn out! I felt the same the next day too and had a sore arm. I don't remember feeling like that with my first though

pinkstar01 Wed 11-Sep-19 19:30:18

@stripes416 same! With my son 5 years ago I don't remember it hitting me so badly

Thanks all glad to know it wasn't just me, I'm feeling a bit better this evening but still quite tired, hope I get some energy back soon!

Andersonx3 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:35:53

I almost had this whilst at my growth scan last week but my scan ran over so I had to get back to work - so glad I didn't do it when I had to go back to work! Think I'll have it when my husband is with me in case I feel crappy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »